Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Been a reader for a while, but this is my first post.
Anyway, I'm in the middle of re-doing the look of my 02 F4i. My question is, has anyone figured out a way to run an undertail exhaust on an F4i? Ive found a few things on this topic, but they are all from around 5 years ago or more. I dont have a problem with mine, but ive always loved the look of the undertail. I would just sell and spring for a CBR that already has it, but insurance is cheaper and I love how the bike fits me.

This isnt what I'm looking for.... f4i undertail exaust - CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (about halfway down the page). This looks pretty awful IMO, and I'd much rather keep it as is if this is my only option. Always loved the look of the undertail, but not more than I love the rest of my bike.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
971 Posts
I had an F4i from '02 to '08, and all of the under tail exhausts that I remember from the time were that style. i.e. the come up out the side and then loop back in to come up under the tail. I think that's all you'll find because the frame, swing arm, and engine set up on the F4i does not have any space to allow for the header pipes to run straight back and then curve up directly behind the engine/transmission. Trying to cram something in there would probably restrict the exhaust flow and degrade the engine performance. Not to mention it'll probably cook you pretty good on warm days. I remember getting a fair amount of heat from the seat area already when it was 85/90 degrees or more from the engine with a stock exhaust.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had an F4i from '02 to '08, and all of the under tail exhausts that I remember from the time were that style. i.e. the come up out the side and then loop back in to come up under the tail. I think that's all you'll find because the frame, swing arm, and engine set up on the F4i does not have any space to allow for the header pipes to run straight back and then curve up directly behind the engine/transmission. Trying to cram something in there would probably restrict the exhaust flow and degrade the engine performance. Not to mention it'll probably cook you pretty good on warm days. I remember getting a fair amount of heat from the seat area already when it was 85/90 degrees or more from the engine with a stock exhaust.
Yeah I figured that there just wouldnt be enough room to fit something in there. Worth a shot to get another perspective though. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts