Sport Bikes banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When it comes to motorcycles, I sometimes wonder if heritage slows down progress. I know there is a certain level of comfort and familiarities that come with heritage. And while progress is just as important for moving forward with the new tech, reduced weights, higher HP motors, and not to forget incredible reliability (which is a new thing) I wonder if brand loyalty would no longer exist. What would bikes look like if there was no loyalty to heritage. Here are two motorcycles. And while both brands have changed hands or have gone out of, and come back into, business at times. And while they both excel in ways of progress. They do rely heavily on their designs to reflect their heritage. Two companies founded at the start of the 1900's. Sticking to their heritage and evolving. I love the differences in these two machines. While both have grown in size over time. The American model has grown in typical "American Excess" fashion. (Both bikes parked front axle to front axle) While both of these bikes ARE cool. I can't help but wonder what we would be riding right now if the only thing important to us was progress. Indian Chief Vintage and Triumph Thruxton.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

1 - 1 of 1 Posts