Sport Bikes banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 46 of 46 Posts
That's where I got my initial information form... this board and others like it and then you gain more from experience. It feels a lot better than handing over your parts to a painter and waiting and paying an ass load

Nice job on the bike man

It's all about prep work. Doesn't matter what paint you are using, can or spray gun. It's the combination of sanding and knowing when and where to sand, using light coats. Don't go too high on the grit though in between coats...that's a no no. Like someone else mentioned, usually around a 600-400 grit for in between coats.

let me see if i understand this right. You paint the bike the color you want, then you sanded it down. Colored, and then sanded again. Why do u you sand the color you want?

Now lets see if i know my grits... the smaller the # like 200, the more it "scratches" right? So if ur sanding the color with a 1000 grit, ur barely scratching it. <== Is that to make sure the paint you applied is all he same thickness on the plastic?

SnookayDCC said:
let me see if i understand this right. You paint the bike the color you want, then you sanded it down. Colored, and then sanded again. Why do u you sand the color you want?

Now lets see if i know my grits... the smaller the # like 200, the more it "scratches" right? So if ur sanding the color with a 1000 grit, ur barely scratching it. <== Is that to make sure the paint you applied is all he same thickness on the plastic?
It will take out small improfections and fish eye. It will also smoth every thing like glass if done right.

1000 will leave scratches, 1500 still leaves scratches that you can see. You have to buff after you wet sand to get the shine back and take out most of the small scratches.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.