Sport Bikes banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Here's a HOW TO SPRAY PAINT YOUR BIKE

98K views 45 replies 28 participants last post by  ocbasbalburg 
Looks good! :dblthumb

Just make sure you don't ever spill gas or anything else of the nature on it. Even certain cleaners will eat and peel it up in seconds. I'd rent/get/borrow a gun and clearcoat it with 3 part polyurethane to make it durable and shine like a mirror. I never even have to buff. Also 2000 grit may be a little much and may not let the paint stick on well. Wet 600 is the highest I go for final sanding.

Here's a bike I did a bit ago. All durplicor spray paint and 3 part polyurethane clear on top out of a gun. http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8352

Max

Attachments

Zappa said:
If lined the kitchen with plastic, hung my bike parts from strings and sanded and spray painted for 5 days my wife would have left town on day two.......hhhmmmm.......what kind of paint did you use again???
I did that in my apartment's bathroom. I sprayed something small but the fumes were there forever. I just held my breath while I sprayed. Not a good idea.

Also, I used to wetsand my fairings in the shower. Nothing wrong with that. 2 birds with one stone. :) Although I don't know my new bikes that well so no more of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.