Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a bad photo of a Pilot realizing he's about to crash and ejects like .4 seconds before the plane smacks the ground. It was at a air show somewhere...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
and ppl wonder why I don't like to fly..........eeeeesh!

·
Registered
21 Posts
sungwei said:
Wow, what a rush! Can you imagine? Now he has the most awesome story to tell at bars to impress the chicks, but they probably won't believe him cause it's too crazy.
Thunderbird maintainers, let alone the pilots, need stories to pull wool. They are practically treated like gods anywhere they go.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ca$h said:
It was on REal TV, it was more like a fraction of a second, so they say....

Really lucky guy
No offense to anyone here, but I thought it might be worth pointing out that .4 is in fact a fraction of a second, specifically 4 tenths of a second. Hey look s like he made it out in time though...

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
No offense to anyone here, but I thought it might be worth pointing out that .4 is in fact a fraction of a second, specifically 4 tenths of a second. Hey look s like he made it out in time though...

Oh no man, I know, I thought he just had 4 seconds and not .4

My mistake. Still he was very lucky

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
NeuroThief said:

I thot about pointin that out, but didnt wanna be a :spank about it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
ZX7R95 said:
That makes me want to be a pilot...I just want to eject once. What a rush!
After a pilot is forced to eject 3 times they are removed from flight status because of th strain on their spine. There a so many G's that when you eject once it makes you about 2 inches shorter.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Hahahha. WANT to eject? You realize you'd probably black out from the (at least) 12 Gs while your G-suit is being forcibly disconnected from pressure?

For what it's worth, that Thunderbirds pilot Farked up big time. Pure pilot error.

Didn't calibrate his altimeter for Mountain Home properly and the _intended_ maneuver was to pull up into a 45 climb to something like 3500 above ground, then roll inverted and pull through to fly back down the flight line. However due to the miscalibration he rolled inverted about 1000 feet too low.

The inside-the-plane video is awesome (trying to find my link to it). You can't see his face because of the visor...but you can see his left arm move from the throttle (left side of cockpit) to ejection handle (in front of his crotch) twice before he actually ejects on the third reach.

Teej

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.