Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I need alittle help. Im tossing around some ideas hear me out........currently I own a 2001 honda 929, 1995 ducati 916 and a kawasaki KX 250. Im kinda having a thing for a R6 or an R1 with the liquid metal paint scheme. Ok now here's my dilema what should I let go and what should I keep. Currently I have the 929 for sale and the KX for sale. Bought the ducati this year awesome bike but only a one seater not to practical for taking my girl out for a spin. Then I gotta ask myself do I want to go with a 600 after owning a big cc bikes. I had a F3 before and it was fun riding but Im thinking Id miss the power of a big cc bike. So share some thoughts on what you would do if you were in my position. Thanks

·
Registered
912 Posts
Sell the KX for sure and sell the 292 if you going to get a big bike but sell the duc. if you are going to get a 600

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hell... this is an easy one that I can relate to. I was in the market for a 600cc sportbike. Two weeks ago I came across this <==== 94' FZR1000 for a great price. I had NO plans to buy a 1000cc sportbike since I've only been riding about two years and have ridden around 2,000 total miles. After riding a 1000cc sportbike I have no plans of ever buying a 600cc. Some people prefer the high reving, and constant shifting of the 600cc, but I LOVE the low end torque and power of the 1000cc. It's awesome for just cruising around and if I want the instant insane adrenaline rush of high horsepower I have it. Personally I'll never ride anything else bt a 1000cc from here on out. Just my .02, and useless opinion.

Take care,

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your guys thoughts so far. Yeah Im kinda thinking I would be happy with a R1 but then again I do like the shifting of the 600s. I just wish I could ride a R6 and an R1 for a day and try and see what I really want.

·
Registered
394 Posts
pfd... How long have you been riding? Are you ready for a R1? My FZR1000 is fast, but the fuel injected R1 is INSANE fast.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been riding for over 4 years I know when I went from my 96 F3 to my 01 929 (fuel injected) it was a real eye opener took alittle getting use to and definently giving it some respect. I feel comfortable with the big bikes Im not one for going crazy fast or doing stunts I just want a awesome performing bike with some good power.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you can handle a 929 an R1 isn't going to be that much harder. They are sneaky fast though and the front end takes some getting used to. A stearing damper is a must.
I spent few days at the track trying to get a buddies suspension set up. In good hands an R1 is a knife, very percise, very quick, and quicker to bite back. They are great bikes though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts