Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, this is my first post here. I've been lurking year for about 2 years now. Anyways my question is this. I'm looking at this 03 R6, its a rebuild, the right fairings all have rash on them still, the yoshi pipe has rash on it also. The mirror is scratched, and the gauges are currently broken. The left side is mint. What u guys think is a fair price? I mean the I'm tired of looking for a bike, and with gauges and the tail fixed its ridable, just the right fairings look goofed...

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
If the speedo and other guages don't work, it is NOT ridable.

Fair price? I'd say 4k in its current state. How's the title?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
From the way you talk about the bike, it doesn't sound like anything on it has been rebuilt. Does it have a 'rebuilt' title? I'm guessing so, because if you are wanting a basically good condition looking bike, and it needs gauges, pipe, and the fairings replaced from a right side drop, which is usually the front, right side, and tail, then it sounds like it might be rather expensive to finish the rebuild. I repaired one of my old F4i's and I got a few fairings from service honda, which has great prices, about 40% less than dealer prices. If you could somehow get the fairings at near the same price I did, IIRC, the prices were somewhere around:

Front fairing $400
right side $300
tail (if you want to replace it)$300
aftermarket pipe $300
gauges???

Looks like it would be at least $1500 by the time you get the gauges and figure in shipping. I'm sure you could get it cheaper if you bought used pieces in good shape off of ebay.

Edited to add: If I were you, unless you can get a helluva good deal on it, I'd rather have a slightly older bike (99-02) in good shape than this one which has been wrecked. And unless the title is clean, it will kill your resale value.

·
Registered
488 Posts
i agree with josh.. i wouldnt pay more than 3 for it..

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I bought an 03 R6 that was crashed twice on both sides. I bought it for $3K and did the repairs myself last year. The only thing I haven replaced yet is the pipe. I have less than $500 put back into the bike and I think it looks good now.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry i didn't elaborate more. The bike has not yet done inspection to get the rebuilt title. The dude has the tail and gauges and whatever else it needs to pass.

Is it not good to bondo road rash and repaint a fairing?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts