Sport Bikes banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, well as some of you may remeber i got my hands on a ninja 250 that had been sitting for about 6 months or so.
i tryied and tryied to crank it up and i researched all over, untill i finally got it running this weekend, the bike works just fine BUT!!!!
i noticed a cople of problems.

*the oil is REALLY LIQUID like water...
*the oil blow off hose (from wich oil vapor should come out) GAS VAPOR comes out.... like if there was gas in the oil.....Why? i dont know thats why im here. jaja
*i took the bike for a spin and after like 15 mins, i noticed the bike THREW UP ON MY LEFT LEG!!!!
what do i mean? i mean it THrew up Gas and oil like coming front the breather hose *the one mentioned above.... i was like WDF?>
*also. i cant adjust the Idle speed. it stays on 4,000 or 3,000 RPM anything lower than that and the bike will want to shut off.....
*also the choker has to be ALL THE WAY or 95% down (down is full choke?)
for the bike to stay on , if i barelly move it.. the bike will want to idle low and try to shut off....

neways, i tought i would let you guys in on a lil update.
any help is well apreciated. thanks in advance.!!!

*ps im going to change the oil right now!*
also the TB's where messed with ... could the idle problem be sum related to a hose missplaced?
thanks.!

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Sounds like gas in the oil. Don't run the engine until you find out why, fix it, and change the oil.

Could be any number of things starting with stuck carb floats sending gas into the cylinders and leaking past the rings into the oil. Or ...

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
just one question from me...

why would you even ride the bike if the oil looks like water and has gas in it?

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
with that much gas in your oil, you no longer have oil in the bike. It has been broken down into something else that won't lube the engine. Clean the carbs, chain the oil and filter and try again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts