Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am a new rider and live in south florida. I am using mesh pants and jacket at the moment but would like to upgrade to leather. I have been thinking about just getting a 2 piece leather jacket and sticking with the mesh pants (its rarely cold here) during summer. I am also open to the idea of a 1 piece suit but the sizes just do not seem to fit my body.

First let me say that I am a big guy. I am 6'2", about 250-270. I wear 38-40 x 32-34 pants (it seems 39x33 would fit perfect, so I go up or down depending on brand)

My chest is 52". my waist is 43" (thats what the tape says, but I wear 38-40 waist in pants comfortably), my inseam is 32", my thighs are 27"

my sizes don't seem to match up to any one size. Given those measurments should I just go with a 2 piece suit instead of a 1 piece?

·
Registered
645 Posts
contact sportbiketrackgear.com they're a member here and have good prices and service. mesh is not really all that protective, compared to leather. a "summer" style perf suit, one or two peice will be good. its gunna be hotter than shorts or jeans, bit really only when your stopped.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand that leather > mesh

where I'm having an issue is finding leather that fits my dimensions.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
newenough has some sizing charts on their site and also has great customer service over the phone. Give them a call if the charts aren't enough. They also have a "large sizes" section.

sportbiketrackgear may provide similar services.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts