Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my bar ends off but I don't know how to take the inside portion out. I have lever guards that I want to swap them out with for aesthetic reasons only. I do have to swap out the inside part right?? Thanks!

·
Pit Bike Legend
3,339 Posts
Depends on what kinda inside part you have. Kawasaki just drills and taps the end of the bars themselves, so there is nothing to remove. Honestly the pieces that come with those lever guards are complete pieces of shit and dont work at all. I have the same ones. You're far better off either using what's in there already (if it's solid) or ordering a couple of the proper sized star nuts from mcmaster and using those with the matching bolt instead.

EDIT: McMaster calls them tube connecting nuts. That's what I used. Beware though, once you push them in you can never pull them out. McMaster-Carr

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
You know...back when SBN had a pair of balls...you would have been ousted to the correct room appropriate to your bike.....So get your ass to the search engine and do work son. Here is a tip!
You will never learn how to work on your own bike completely if you do not do some homework. I proudly can say we used books to help us and the internet was just too damn slow on dialup and google was still a gleam in someones eye...

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/honda-sportbikes/

I am not sorry if I offended anyone...seriously.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You know...back when SBN had a pair of balls...you would have been ousted to the correct room appropriate to your bike.....So get your ass to the search engine and do work son. Here is a tip!
You will never learn how to work on your own bike completely if you do not do some homework. I proudly can say we used books to help us and the internet was just too damn slow on dialup and google was still a gleam in someones eye...

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/honda-sportbikes/

I am not sorry if I offended anyone...seriously.
Why the fuck would I waste my time asking if I hadn't already looked, searching is waay faster. I looked in both my user manual and my clymer manual too and couldn't find anything that helped.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depends on what kinda inside part you have. Kawasaki just drills and taps the end of the bars themselves, so there is nothing to remove. Honestly the pieces that come with those lever guards are complete pieces of shit and dont work at all. I have the same ones. You're far better off either using what's in there already (if it's solid) or ordering a couple of the proper sized star nuts from mcmaster and using those with the matching bolt instead.

EDIT: McMaster calls them tube connecting nuts. That's what I used. Beware though, once you push them in you can never pull them out. McMaster-Carr
I put screwed them in where the stock bar-ends go but they just kind of rotate around. If I turn the throttle the lever guard rotates with it -_- ;; Someone else told me to just spray WD-40 into the handle bar and then screw the old bar in in and pull out the assembly. I may try that.

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts