Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I start up school on the 19th (yes, its early, I know). Thing is, is that my car died, headgasket, master cylinder head, tranny, etc. Big problem. I was supposed to pick up a bike from my friend, but money issues weren't fully intact. Now, the problems have ended, and its ready. But I need to get insurance for the beast, and I don't know where is the cheapest place to do so. I live in Scottsdale, Arizona by the way. I am just going to get theft liability insurance for the time being, while I am in school. Just for the fact that my friends have a bike shop, so its all gonna be taken care of for a very cheap price if anything happens. I will be getting a 98+ GSXR 600 to ride. (No, its not my first time riding either). But I need to know of a couple cheap places to start with, so it shortens my time period instead of calling up 500000 places and getting a different response. So if you could help me out that would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Age? Driving record?

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I have USAA w/1 ticket and one accident and I pay less than $60 a month for full coverage.
You also might just looking up motorcycle insurance on the computer

·
Registered
260 Posts
im sorry but what is USAA? Also i got a quick question if I buy a bike down here in texas, but then i move up to oklahoma for school in august. What do I do about insurance? Just not insure it down here and wait till I move? Cause its more expensive here in dallas. Sorry 2 jack the thread =o(

·
Registered
114 Posts
Go to progressive .com, I did search around and they were the most reasonable. If you are a member of the AMA you get an additional discount.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
f3psycho said:
Go to progressive .com, I did search around and they were the most reasonable. If you are a member of the AMA you get an additional discount.
How do I go about getting a membership with the AMA? If I get the insurance now, and then get the AMA membership, it will still lower the insurance, correct. I am guessing that if you partake in the MSF course, that is how you get it. Which I plan on going to anyhow, just need to get a weekend open which shouldn't be to hard, but school is gonna be a priority at this point. Thanks.

·
Registered
681 Posts
f3psycho said:
:lol State Farm is waaay cheaper.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can't use state farm. Got booted from their policy when I was younger. Plus, my parents don't go through them anymore, just because they were being pricks about everything, and then one day, cancelled their umbrella policy for the house. Still no reasoning behind it........who knows. But I have heard Progressive from a lot of my friends who I have asked. So I'll look into that.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Ueafa said:
Can't use state farm. Got booted from their policy when I was younger. Plus, my parents don't go through them anymore, just because they were being pricks about everything, and then one day, cancelled their umbrella policy for the house. Still no reasoning behind it........who knows. But I have heard Progressive from a lot of my friends who I have asked. So I'll look into that.
Did YOU call them to be sure? or is your record that bad they won't take you back?

BTW, your parents not using them shouldn't be an issue....be your own person.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I couldn't use State Farm, they said they would not insure only a motorcycle. I did not want to cancel my current policies just to insure my bike with them.

You can join the AMA by going to their website http://www.ama-cycle.org I think it's like 40.00 a year. Don't just join for the insurance discount, The money you would save is about what you pay for the membership. I just think they do alot of good looking out for us riders, to me the insurance discount is just another benefit.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
taziscool said:
Did YOU call them to be sure? or is your record that bad they won't take you back?

BTW, your parents not using them shouldn't be an issue....be your own person.
I called and they said no, plus like what was stated before, they wouldn't just insure the bike.
I try to go into places my parents have, because of good discounts. Around 11 cars are insured by our current provider, but no bikes......
Talked to Progressive today though, and have a meeting setup for the final quote they deliver. Thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts