Sport Bikes banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I just ordered a set of Oxtar TCS Sports from newenough.com. These are some really nice, well made boots, but I can't seem to get them to fit right. I bought 47's originally and they didn't fit, little too big in the length and way too big in the calf. I figured going to a 46 would fix both problems. Well it only fixed the length issue, they now fit perfectly in the foot but are still sloppy in the calf. There's literally not enough velcro on the boot to snug the calf all the way down. If I try to there's less than a 1/2 of velcro holding on, which just isn't enough. If I tuck my pants into the boot it helps, but I'm not going to ride on the street like that, a little too nerdy looking for me. I wouldn't worry about it being a little loose in the calf except that it feels like the boot can be pulled off with it so loose up top.So I'm trying to decide if I'm going to send these boots back again and just get a pair of Sidi's. I remember someone commenting that the calf on the Sidi's were too small for them, which might be perfect for me. I'm not tiny by any means, 6'3" 190lbs, but I guess I have a small calf.

So what do you guys think? Is there a way to get the Oxtar's to fit right, or should I just get the Sidi Vertebra 2's for the same price(except that I'd be paying shipping for the 4th time). They look like just about the same boot, but the Sidi does look a little skinnier in the calf in the picture.

edit:

Nevermind. After messing around for a little while I found I just needed thinker socks that come up to my calf. I usually wear ankle socks, not tube socks, so that would be why. So I will be keeping the TCS Sports. Once I get some seat time in with them I'll give you guys a review on them. Expect it to be good, these are some nice boots!

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Those boots (like most that style) are made to go over leathers so there's enough room in the calf for that. I can't imagine wearing boots without full-length socks. :lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts