Sport Bikes banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought an 07 zzr600 i test rode it. Felt fine. Sounded fine. Paid for it and drove it an hour home 99% freeway. From sarasoto fl to st petersburg fl. Again felt fine, sounded fine. Power was there. Got home shut it off. Next day after work i i started it and it idled rough and wouldnt stay started. Eventually when it was up to temp i took around a few block. Idle never got better and stalled at every stop. Then if i tried to throttle up to blow it out it hesitates up to about 4k then opens up rapidly. Was advertised as a daily rider freshly rebuilt carbs petcock and fuel lines. Please help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
reads like you have a intake leak. check the rubber connections where the Carburetors meet the cylinder head.
check the clamps. Look closely.
also, use a can of WD-40 with the red straw and spray LIGHTLY around the carb connections to the engine.
If the engine monmentary speeds up and then slows back down, THAT is a air leak. Fix it.
ZZR 600 is a great engine, You will enjoy the ride
cheers
Southwind

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently bought an 07 zzr600 i test rode it. Felt fine. Sounded fine. Paid for it and drove it an hour home 99% freeway. From sarasoto fl to st petersburg fl. Again felt fine, sounded fine. Power was there. Got home shut it off. Next day after work i i started it and it idled rough and wouldnt stay started. Eventually when it was up to temp i took around a few block. Idle never got better and stalled at every stop. Then if i tried to throttle up to blow it out it hesitates up to about 4k then opens up rapidly. Was advertised as a daily rider freshly rebuilt carbs petcock and fuel lines. Please help!
Did you keep the bike over the night in your garage?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts