Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! This is my first post and I'm posting because I need help.. First off let me tell you all that I'm new to the motorcycle game so I'll try to be as specific as I can be and name stuff right.
Ok here's my problem...

Well I took my bike apart to paint the frame and well my dumb self forgot to label and mark everything on how it goes. So I'm putting everything together and I thought I had everything connected right. So I go to hooking up mg battery cable and notice that when I did one of my ground cables started sparking. The ground cable on the voltage regulator.. It actually got so hot that it started melting the wire. I noticed that afterwards I burned the main fuse so I replaced that but no change. I need help guys please

Attachments

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
you have a serious short to ground.

to find it you will need an ohmeter.

and some electric diagrams for your bike.

do you have a factory service manual?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have a Manuel but I do have a wiring diagram. So how would I find the short with an ohm meter?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
you are looking for things that have 0 resistance to ground and should not.

or (and very likly the case here) something pluged directly into the posative terminal that should not be.

strart with the wire that you saw get hot, as it has more amps flowing throught it than it should.

disconnect things to isolate circuits, so that you can track down which one is giving you the issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts