Sport Bikes banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having the toughest time picking tires and I'm hoping someone could please add some insight. I have a 98 zx9r and it's my first bike. I bought it this summer and it's time for some new rubber. I ride the bike alot. I put about 5k miles in less than a season. But I also need the ability to reach 100-150mph regularly just incase ;) and that's my problem I want to get milage but also need the grip and the decision is driving me crazy. What would you suggest. Ty for ur opinion

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there - I don't know your bike specifically but I have been running Dunlop Q3+'s on my CBR1000rr for all its 30000Km life so far. But after watching this video from Ryan F9 I am going to try a set of Dunlop Roadsport II.
They are still ZR rated so you can go fast. I put a tire pressure monitor on my bike. I feel it is great for safety and confidence knowing your bike is ready to go. Who really checks tire pressures all the time?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I saw this video before and I considered them. However I feel that he portrays that he is a little bit more of a conservative rider than someone like yammie noob. I bet that I don't need any more performance than the roadsport but I ended up getting the diablo Corsso 4. So far I got about 170 miles on them and like them but I was riding easy to scrub them in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am sure they are good but how did you decide what pressure to run them at. On my Q3's I run them at 33 psi about 10 psi below the Honda manuals suggestion. Perhaps others have similar experience with your performance tires?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts