Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have a 2001 Yamaha yzf R6
that seems like it has a traveling misfire

i have gone through the carburetors replaced ignition coils and spark plugs
changed out ignition timeing switch and all kinds of voltage checks
and cant figure out whats causing problem
synced carburetors and all that goes along with carburetors
any any help would be so grateful for thanks

you can also see in this video the miss on the sync tool how they bounce around it like a traveling misfire
MOV03553 - YouTube

also video of bike revved up at different rpm and u can clearly here its misfire or something
driving me crazy and starting to hate my bike
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3AAEMVuJl8

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
As far as I can tell there is absolutely nothing wrong with that bike.

Reactions: 2old2race

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
I've seen these videos twice on two occasions and I didn't want to say so as the first reply to this thread but I'm with hybrid. Most bikes I've owned have had that 'misfire' sound to it, and they've all been fuel injection and very current generations. Maybe if you have more of a car background like I did before I got serious about motorcycles it sounds that way. It did to me also, except that I knew my bikes were OK since I've bought most of them with 0 miles on the clock.

BTW that's a lot of mercury you got in that tool...stuff is super-hazmat out here in California. In high school, I remember playing with it in my hands :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i wish

unfortunately i know that it misfiring or something the bike never did this before when i bought it and since i changed out engine pluise its got a bad vibration to it making it almost pain full to ride but thanks for in put anything better then nothing am still chasing this problem it seems to be getting worse know that the cold as set in do know if that would mean anything except it going to be a long ride this winter LOL....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts