Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, the story goes. I was about 8 and went up to my uncle dan's house. They always had the COOLEST stuff, and he had just gotten a new motorcycle. My dad was a real big rider back in the day and asked if he could take me out. Now I remember this VERY vividly to this day it felt like we were doing 100 but my dad assures me now we only did 30. I kept yelling, how hard am I supposed to hang on dad? And he said, as hard until it starts to hurt!" Dunno why I remember that, Anyways this was my first real experience that sorta, "hooked" me on motorcycles. As my fam and I were lookin through old photo albums, we came along this picture. It would be awesome if we found out what kinda honda this is, so I can find my roots. It may be a shot in the dark, but here we go! I know its a honda lemme try and resize it a lil. The second pic is the front thats cut off

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
That is a Honda CBX 1000cc I-6 with the Hondaline fairing. The fairing was available on some other models but the tail piece is distinctive to the CB750F, CB900F and the CBX. The gray color scheme with the black stipe down the center of the tank was on the CBX.

Mark

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey sweet wow thx bro! my childhood has now been completed because of u

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
ZrxMark said:
That is a Honda CBX 1000cc I-6 with the Hondaline fairing. The fairing was available on some other models but the tail piece is distinctive to the CB750F, CB900F and the CBX. The gray color scheme with the black stipe down the center of the tank was on the CBX.

Mark
WOW! Now that is some really nice bike identification skillz and bike history knowledge!!!

I was thinking BMW :rolleyes:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Süsser Tod said:
I was thinking BMW
LOL....read it slower next time

Arma said:
It would be awesome if we found out what kinda honda this is, so I can find my roots. It may be a shot in the dark, but here we go! I know its a honda lemme try and resize it a lil. The second pic is the front thats cut off

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Duh! :p

I just saw that fairing and thought BMW. didn't even noticed the text.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My father-in-law has a '74 CB450 (could be a 350 now that I think of it. Yeah, pretty sure it's a 350) and it still runs like a champ. It's also very cool to be able to go for a ride with your father-in-law. Just makes you closer, you know? :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Süsser Tod said:
Duh! :p

I just saw that fairing and thought BMW. didn't even noticed the text.
Haha, I was thinking the exact thing when I saw the fairing. I saw the BMW we are thinging just yesturday, it was also green. Not sure what model BMW though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts