Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, so here is the situation:

I have been riding for nearly four years now on my '02 F4i.... I am ready to move up to a liter bike and I am undecided on what I should get, but I have narrowed it down now. I will be paying cash OTD for either a R1 or a 1000RR... in about 35 days when I return from Baghdad...

I have read many articles on both...each have their Pros and Cons, but what do you think?

Any recommendations?

Why should I get one or the other?

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL - Thanks... I am undecided and I cannot wait to come home and get some new wheels...

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
I would vote for the 1000RR.. it looks so friggin cherry.. And everybody and their grandma rides an R1. I would get the 1000RR just to be a little original.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
all out looks = 1000RR
all out performance = GSX-R 1000 or ZX-10R

the yamaha is overstyled IMHO, and doesnt perform as well as the new GSX-R.

·
Flyin' Low
756 Posts
A lot of the bike mags are saying that the 05 1000rr reeks of high quality engineering from the bodywork, the damping action of the suspension, to the smoothness of the engine. The only thing lacking is the excitement of riding a litre bike. By no means is it dull, it puts out 150bhp and goes 100mph in first gear. But it doesn't possess the same feeling of crazy power like the zx10r or the gixxer 1. My personal opinion is that if im going to spend that much money on a litre bike then I would want to be reminded of what i'm riding every so often. The R1 seems to be the second best litre bike on the market now, next the the gixxer. It has headed the sales figures for 05 confirming that it's the litre bike of choice. It's probably the most comfortable one out of the two w/ lower foot pegs and a comfortable seat. It also communicates better with the riding unlike the 1000rr. If it were up to me i'd go with the r1; the poised, fast and comfy bike of the bunch.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MT Wallet said:
wow I hope to be in your shoes someday

I agree everyone has an r1....the 1000rr looks killer

but I'm no expert :D

Come to Iraq for a 1/2 year and you can be... I grew up poor as poor could be... Foodstamps and welfare SUCKED growing up... I'll be dammed if that happens to me...

And now - to buy myself a "good job" gift...LOL

Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
238 Posts
1000RR for looks, Gixxer 1k or zx-10 if you want something thats all out crazy fast. Not that the RR isn't. If you go with the RR, get the repsol, that paint is so sick.

·
Registered
155 Posts
R1 if I was buying right now, but by he time you get back from Bahgdad we will know what the '06s look like. There's a damn good chance that both the R1 and 1000rr are due for major upgrades (the rr will at least shed some major weight).

I'm not sure when you can actually get your hands on an '06, but its worth thinking about.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
ASharpMind said:
Come to Iraq for a 1/2 year and you can be... I grew up poor as poor could be... Foodstamps and welfare SUCKED growing up... I'll be dammed if that happens to me...

And now - to buy myself a "good job" gift...LOL

Thanks for the input!
you're welcome....thanks for serving our country

now it's time to reward yourself :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
both nice bikes.....I like the shape of the new R1 (just looks mean) and the RR has clean lines as well....I think you'll be happy with either one.

tuff decision, but i would go with whatever one you like and whatever one feels most comfy.

But you could always get the ZX10 too....good luck with your decision

·
Registered
155 Posts
ASharpMind said:
Do you think they will come out in the next 30 days? I will be back in 35...
They won't be available in 30-days, but we should have specs/pics in September. I'm not sure when you could get your hands on one, you'd probably be waiting a couple months.

Which sucks... I'm not saying you should, I was just giving you something to think about it. I'm sure you've been thinking about getting back on a bike every day your over there, so there's nothing wrong with not waiting... the '05s are kick ass bikes.

Actually, does anybody know when new model year bikes are generally available? L

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Being an R1 owner I certainly recommend it over the RR. However, the RR is hands down the most polished of all the liter bikes and easiest to ride. But.... the R1 is the sweetest looking bike, best brakes, superb handling and 180bhp stock. What does it lose on the dyno to the GSX-R1000?- 3hp. Who the hell can tell the difference? And if you are into mods, then they all make crazy power. A full Graves Exhaust and PCBIII will have you putting down around 165hp to the rear wheel. A figure that will never be reached in street riding. I also think the Gixxer is ugly. The RR is a very nice looking bike as well. You will win with either choice. One note on the ZX-10R, it is very unrefined. All motor and not much else. Doesn't even come with a steering damper yet needs one more than any other liter bike out there. I saw one at my dealer today marked down to $9499.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts