Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo... I parked my bike behind my wife's car for 1 minute while I ran inside to get my wallet that I forgot.... In that 60 seconds she decided to dash outside and put the car into reverse.. without looking. I heard a boom of sorts and then my alarm went off. I thought for sure Mjölnir would be on her side but she wasn't. She was still upright and I can't find any damage. The forks seals don't seem to be leaking, the front fairing isn't broke "I think she hit the front tire". The forks seem straight.

I was parked:
Directly behind car, straight.
Steering turned to left and locked.
Bike was parked in first gear, but probably had several inches of roll-back available to cushion the impact.
Not sure of car speed but she only had several feet from the car to the bike.

Feel free to make Asian/Women driver jokes if you want. I don't care. I may even join in. -_-;;; ....The downside of marrying a Japanese woman...
---------------------------------
Please suggest things I can check because I don't want my front wheel falling off at 100mph. Not dying in a speeding fireball would be nice. Thoughts on open casket vs closed casket? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
If your bike stayed upright, its probably not as bad as you think.

Check all the bolts and screws on the front end esp in the wheel areas and suspension. Make sure they are nice and tight, and nothing has come loose. Check the front brakes. Do a test ride around your neighborhood and see if there's any wobbling or vibration from the front of the bike.

If it checks out, then you're all good.

Next time, don't park anywhere close to a woman driver, especially if they're asian :lol

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
Check your steering stop, it may have broke.

Don't park anywhere close to a woman driver, especially if they are asian. Double especially if they are your wife.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
The steering stop? You mean the thing that locks the steering? It still locks no problem.
Not only the lock, but does it stop it from turning your wheel more than usual? If so, that's alright.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts