Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got a new integrated tail light for my 2007 yamaha r6. The tailight wiring is plug and play but the integrated turn signals only have what i assume is one wire per side. How do i wire this into my bike?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I would try running the turn signal wire to the turn signal power wire for that side. Ground both turn signal grounds to the taillight ground wire (I.e. Use a wire nut).

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
wire nut? no no no. use proper automotive connectors, or even better soldier and heat shrink tube.

but yeah, i would start just going to the pos. wires for the turn signals and i would assume that the ground is shared through the integrated tail light and require no separate hookups. didn't the tail light come with instructions??

http://stores.motolume.com/Tail_light_instructions.pdf

Connect the yellow and yellow/black wires to the positive turn signal wires using provided red connectors
or alternately use your existing factory connectors. Ground wire is not needed unless you are using
resistors to slow down the blink rate. (The ground wire is the same color wire used on both turn
signals).

·
Registered
350 Posts
wire nut? no no no. use proper automotive connectors, or even better soldier and heat shrink tube.
I only recommend the wire nut because you don't want to solder and heat shrink and then find out you did it wrong. Not sure how much wiring knowledge this guy has and don't want him to create more work for himself. =)

But I agree with you, solder and heat shrinking it is the best thing to do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope....no instructions but i did get it wired in. you run the turn signal wire from the taillight to the positive and you just block off the ground on the bike. It is only used if you use a resistor to slow down the blink. Thanks guys:fixed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts