Sport Bikes banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I layed my 2003 SV1000s down today. I have to replace a few things on it and I'm kinda hoping some of you may know where to get good OEM or Aftermarket replacements from. I wanna know what you have on your bike or what you are thinking about putting on it. How much they are? And wether or not you like them. I need a clutch lever, and left side rear sets, to get the bike on the road again. I don't need it immediately but I will need a left side mirror and I've been thinking about new lower fairings. I bent the bracket on the left side fairing when I layed it down. Any help with any info on the above stated parts is greatly apprecitated.

·
Registered
33 Posts
try this...

http://store.azmusa.com/azmotorsports/sv650oemparts.html

The site above has both SV650 and SV1000 parts (many are identical).

I didn't exactly lay my SV650/S down, but it fell over when I was making a U-turn on a steep mountain road (stupid newbie mistake). I broke the clutch lever, the shift peg and scuffed up the left signal and mirror. Riding the bike 20 miles home with no clutch lever (only a stub was left in the perch) and no shift peg was challenging to say the least.

A local shop had the clutch lever for $12, so I bought it local. Repaired the broken shift peg by drilling out the stub of the original 8mm peg with a 5/16" drill. Bought an M8 x 60mm stainless steel bolt, a couple of 8mm flat washers, a stainless steel M8 nylock nut and a short length of 3/8" OD tubing to fix the peg. Cost $5 at ACE hardware. Cut the tubing to the same length as the rubber peg cover and pushed it into the rubber peg cover with the help of a little rubbing alcohol to make it slide (it's larger than the original peg). Place a washer at both ends of the rubber peg cover and bolt to the original shift arm. The repaired shift peg should be stronger than the original.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts