Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

i have a R1 2004 model i love it dearly, but its crippling my knees when i ride over 250 miles a day. i have no problems with my ass thanks to a dead sheep rug, and i dont suffer with the bar height at all, i seem to fit ok above the waist?

only looking to drop the footpegs an inch or so, all advice welcomed, please help i am thinking about selling it and going to a tiger 1050 ........but i really don't want too.

thanks john

·
Registered
34 Posts
I hate to say it but the R1 will never be a Tiger or vise versa

I put taller clip-ons with a bead rider seat for long trips. I went with Lightech rearseats but they don't go down at all from stock.

The rearsets from Japan are more likely to offer some lowering than rearsets from Italy.

I too have been lusting after a Tiger 1050 but will hold off and keep my R1 for another year or two.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies guys, as for the fz1 its just as crampy in the leg department, so i have been told.

lets hope i win the lotto then i can have both.

thanks all

john

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have bought a set of set back plates (we call them jack up plates this side of the pond)

my intention was to put them on the wrong way, on the wrong side, so that i could postion the pegs down and back instead of up and back, thereby gaining more leg room.

only problem is my gear change rod runs through a slot in the frame which makes movement of the pegs up or down difficult.

thanks for the info though really appreciate the help.

cheers mate

john

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have bought a set of set back plates (we call them jack up plates this side of the pond)

my intention was to put them on the wrong way, on the wrong side, so that i could postion the pegs down and back instead of up and back, thereby gaining more leg room.

only problem is my gear change rod runs through a slot in the frame which makes movement of the pegs up or down difficult.

thanks for the info though really appreciate the help.

cheers mate

john
For little money, you can fabricate, or have a shop fabricate plates to meet your needs (down and back), as well as a shift rod too.

If you are constrained by a through hole, a bend can always be put in the rod so as to keep the geometry correct.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wish i knew your name 07zzr6004me

i am going to look at the bent shift rod suggestion when i get home, thanks for the info!
appreciate it, and if i get a result i will post up a pic.

cheers john

1 - 10 of 10 Posts