Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I recently purchased a 2002 M620ie and now I have a question.

Ok, so I lifted up my gas tank high than I have ever done before and notice this hose that has "Fuel Hose” labeled on it, but one end is not connected to anything. Is this normal? If not where is the other end supposed to go? I can’t seem to find a connection to it. Thanks for you help!

·
Official Forum Killjoy
3,642 Posts
Its the vent or "bleed" as its labled on the sticker. It just vents to the atmosphere.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Ducman851 said:
Its the vent or "bleed" as its labled on the sticker. It just vents to the atmosphere.

ding ding we have a winner, make sure its nice and clean if your vent hose gets clogged up its been known on ducs to imploid (sp) tank, happend on many a ducs.
Slava

·
Registered
765 Posts
Flatout said:
make sure its nice and clean if your vent hose gets clogged up its been known on ducs to imploid (sp) tank, happend on many a ducs.
Slava
Another reason to buy a Honda! :twofinger If a Honda fuel vent hose is clogged/kinked, it wont start or shuts down.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Baldman said:
Another reason to buy a Honda! :twofinger If a Honda fuel vent hose is clogged/kinked, it wont start or shuts down.
BAH, keep your Honda, you and the 2.3 million other people out there, I'll be unique :twofinger (just messin with ya)

·
Registered
765 Posts
firefighter81 said:
BAH, keep your Honda, you and the 2.3 million other people out there, I'll be unique :twofinger (just messin with ya)
:lol You said it yourself. With numbers like that, who can argue that Honda makes a better bike. :D The few Ducks that are out there are found in a garage (being worked on), or in somebodies museum. ;)

In all honesty, I love the look of Ducati, it is just the maintenance and lack of value/performance that is the killer. :(

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Yeah, for the most part maintenance issues are blown out of proportion by non-Ducati riders. Sure, in the early-mid 90's Ducatis were about as reliable as the weather-man, but they've come a long way since then, for the most part just take care of them, and they'll take care of you. I've owned two Honda bikes and riding the Ducati is something totally different, it just feels different. Also you can't beat the sound of a Ducati with arrow exhaust and that oh-so-sweet (to me) dry clutch rattle, I love it!

·
Registered
765 Posts
firefighter81 said:
Yeah, for the most part maintenance issues are blown out of proportion by non-Ducati riders. Sure, in the early-mid 90's Ducatis were about as reliable as the weather-man, but they've come a long way since then, for the most part just take care of them, and they'll take care of you. I've owned two Honda bikes and riding the Ducati is something totally different, it just feels different. Also you can't beat the sound of a Ducati with arrow exhaust and that oh-so-sweet (to me) dry clutch rattle, I love it!
I agree with the majority of your reply, however, I am basing the 'maintenance issue' on the Ducati maintenance regimen. The responses I have heard/read from new Ducati owners (999s and Monster) are less than cheery as well. *shrug*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts