Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I needed to clean my chain. In order to do so, I had to take the left side cover off to expose the front sprocket, and attaced to the left side cover is the clutch cylinder that pushes the clutch in (the manual calls it the clutch release cylinder). So I take that off, and the side cover, do my thing with the chain and put everything back on.

Chain is all good, everything looks good. Then I went to squeeze the clutch to pop it into first. Nothing. I took the "clutch release cylinder" off and looked at it when I squeezed, and it moves a little, but not much. WTF? Did I induce air into the system when I took it off somehow??? Maybe allowing the cylinder to come that far foward allowed air in? Still, even with alot of air in the system, it should still compress those clutch springs a little right?

Please help, I'm short on bike working time, and I need to have it running strong on Thursday. Any ideas?

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, for the sake of building the search database back up... Bleeding the clutch system did fix it. I should have bleed my brakes too, if just to put new fluid in, but... I'll do it later.

·
Registered
419 Posts
:headbang Rock on man, I didn't see this thread until just now, but as soon as I read what was happening, I was gonna tell you to bleed it. Glad you got it figured out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts