Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AS the title states i broke the MC bleeder screw off, its closed still, but i cant bleed my MC, How do i fix this?

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
+1, that's how they all used to be.

If you want to *fix it*, you'll need to get the old one out, obviously. Depends on what you have to work on, maybe you can file a screw slot into it, maybe you would have to drill it out - obviously you'd better have a replacement or oversize on hand before you start that.

Quit turning the things so tight, torque on a bleed screw is like 5 ft-lbs.

KeS

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
Yeah, there's that nice, hollow core to it... should be pretty simple to get with an easy-out. I can't fathom breaking off a bleeder, though. I mean... wow.

OR, you can replace the MC if you can't get it. A stock one is like 20 bucks for an 05 GSXR. The same one was also used on all the SV650's, which might be cheaper yet. I have like 3 or 4 of them sitting around for different projects. Good MC, yet literally almost worthless at the same time. :)

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I am with the eazy out camp . And the how the monkey armed mashing did you manage to snap one of those off ? They are a one finger tight item .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if you saw the bike when i got it you would understand, i have saved this bike from a long life of abuse, and wronged most of the rights that have been done to it. ill try the easy out, if that doesnt work ill go the route of replacement OEM style, cant afford anything else, money dont grow on trees, and my cage, JEEP, (just empty ever pocket) takes most of my play money

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
and wronged most of the rights that have been done to it
:headscrtch

This might explain a lot.

Also, you're down at bragg? Let me know if you swing up to raleigh/durham ever...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
sorry man i just pcs to hawaii, but yeah, most being key, still have a few small things like a broken baffle in the shorty yosh pipe, and frayed throttle cable, and i want a nice rear set, and new bar weights or new clip ons, the wife is not happy about these thoughts tho.....

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
You will need to drill it even with an easy out, the hole is too small. I would suggest A few applications of PB Blaster and then drilling with a Left handed drill bit ! May not even need an easy out.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I have an easy out or 4 that will fit in the hole on the end of a nipple broken or not . Get the right style and size and it should not need drilled . I have 6 or so sets to keep the bases covered .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts