Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story cut short here, letting my bike warm up one morning, my friend shows up and hits my bike. Well the best part is when he bumped it, it feel into a ditch along my drive way with standing water about 5 feet deep!!! I managed to get a tow truck service to pull the bike out. I know there has to be water in the bike what or how should I start with tryin to fix what I can??? Oh yea cant claim it, friend has no insurance, and I just have liability. Any suggestions PLEASE??????

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Change all the fluids. Take the spark plugs out spray some oil in the cyls. Remove the exhaust blow it out. Crank the engine over to make sure cyl are clear. Clean the airbox, filter. Charge the battery and start it

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much Im kinda freakin out now, not sure what to do. I dont really have the dough to drop it off at a mechanic and Im not sure I want to now days, but again thanks and Im gonna give that a shot.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the heads off, the oil drained, the exhaust off and about 5 gallons of water came out I swear to god. Tommorow in the day light Im gonna change the spark plugs and bolt it all back on and see how she feels, Im pretty sure we got all the water out thou, and thanks again.

·
Registered
318 Posts
before you try and start it, crank the engine with the spark plugs out. also, you might want to check any electrical connection. It may take more than a couple of days for the bike to dry out and be ready to start.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Oh, and don't forget to bleed the brakes and put new brake fluid in, possibly change the radiator fluid, check the airbox to see if water is in there and replace the air filter, drain the fuel and change the gas. You might want to undo the fuel line and turn the bike on and let the fuel pump push fuel through the lines to clean them out as well.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Some good advice in here, but they all forgot one very important thing. You need to pay said friend a visit and beat his ass. :twofinger

·
Registered
317 Posts
no shit...that dude's a fucktard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts