Sport Bikes banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
1,314 Posts
VTEC_EATER said:
Oh, I wasnt trying to get into an argument. I was just having a Yosemite Sam moment.
I know you weren't arguing I just wanted to make sure you knew that I wasn't.

VTEC_EATER said:
YZF's not handle as well as a FZR? Thats new to me. Then again, Ive never rode a Thundercat, so I really have no idea.
FZR's always got props for their handling, more so than the piggish YZF 600's which were a bit more sport toury. Handling wise, I liked my FZR, I just couldn't stand the fact that it felt like I was riding a 2x4. High speed stuff was scary too.

· No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
1,752 Posts
Jokertlr said:
Handling wise, I liked my FZR, I just couldn't stand the fact that it felt like I was riding a 2x4. High speed stuff was scary too.
Hmm.. I take it you mean that the FZR is really narrow with the 2x4 comment??? Or does it feel like you are sitting on a plank of wood???

But yes, the FZR is really narrow. Its the slimmest bike Ive ever sat on, and I can understand with your height that the bike probably feels like a toy. Which is cool. I really like how narrow it is, but Im only 5'11", so it fits me pretty well. Most of the bikes out now-a-days feel like boats to me. They are so wide its almost funny how small it makes my FZR feel.

What kind of high speed problems were you having? Ive been up to 145 mph (indicated) and other than the wind blowing my head around, the bike was very stable. Might be the tires though. The new Bridgestones I got on there are awesome.

· Registered
1,314 Posts
VTEC_EATER said:
Hmm.. I take it you mean that the FZR is really narrow with the 2x4 comment??? Or does it feel like you are sitting on a plank of wood???
Both actually.

VTEC_EATER said:
But yes, the FZR is really narrow. Its the slimmest bike Ive ever sat on, and I can understand with your height that the bike probably feels like a toy. Which is cool. I really like how narrow it is, but Im only 5'11", so it fits me pretty well. Most of the bikes out now-a-days feel like boats to me. They are so wide its almost funny how small it makes my FZR feel.
My size probably did have something to do with it.

VTEC_EATER said:
What kind of high speed problems were you having? Ive been up to 145 mph (indicated) and other than the wind blowing my head around, the bike was very stable. Might be the tires though. The new Bridgestones I got on there are awesome.
Could be the tires. I'm more backwards comparing it to the bikes I have ridden since. At the time it wasn't so bad but looking back I'm like damn, that was some crazy ride.

· Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
well...looks like i got those bad boys in today and *whistles* my what butes they are!! like i said hopefuly when i come back i can tear away at it and get this beast done, the sooner the better! i really appreciate everyone thats willing to help thrd..would that be okay if i brought it over to you? then we can all work on it by you if you got garage/room?? in the words of linda richmand," ill give ya a topic,"Stephanie's bike needs fixing..when/where/how?? Discuss amongst yourselves...there I feel better" LMAO those were good SNL's oh and btw whats your guys's real names im gettin all confused with everyone?

· No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
1,752 Posts
Screw you Tom!!! It runs now. :leghump

And just to clarify, I got it up to the indicated 145 before it decided to take a crap on me. :twofinger

· Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
howdy howdy all im baaaaaaaaaaaaack! (even though i dont wanna be) thinkin bout pickin up the car and bike and just leaving lol... god it was soooooo nice down there anywho.. for those of who were willing to help or can please again let me know what will work out for you? my weekends are wide open and i work from 5-11/12 everynite so anytime before then will work out too thanks everyone! =)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.