Sport Bikes banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
1,752 Posts
Ehh... Easy peasy Japaneesy.

Ive taken off my rear shock more times than I have fingers. Its just 3 bolts holding the whole thing in. But you dont even have to remove the shock in this case.

I have a rear stand and straps to hold up the bike while you disconnect the shock. Its an easy half hour job. If you need help I got everything you need, and a garage with exposed rafters to do it in.

Give me a shout out. I can help you any time after 5 on any weekday, or any weekend you need.

·
1,752 Posts
Jokertlr said:
Do YZF's and FZR's have the same setup?
Darn tootin' they do.

Good point about the kick stand. Hmm... If thats cut then you probably need to weld some sort of foot to go on the bottom so it doesnt just dig a hole in the ground.

·
1,752 Posts
Jokertlr said:
I'm not arguing the fact because I don't know, but why are the YZF's so damn heavy then, and why don't they handle like FZR's?
Oh, I wasnt trying to get into an argument. I was just having a Yosemite Sam moment.

YZF's not handle as well as a FZR? Thats new to me. Then again, Ive never rode a Thundercat, so I really have no idea.

Stephanie, I can help, but I dont have the welder. So if thrdrcr has all the stuff it makes a little more sense to do it over there. The 14 or 15th may be a problem for me though. I think I have some sort of Family picnic or something around that time, but I forgot the date.

Keep me posted about what time or day works best and Ill let you know what my schedule looks like.

·
1,752 Posts
Jokertlr said:
Handling wise, I liked my FZR, I just couldn't stand the fact that it felt like I was riding a 2x4. High speed stuff was scary too.
Hmm.. I take it you mean that the FZR is really narrow with the 2x4 comment??? Or does it feel like you are sitting on a plank of wood???

But yes, the FZR is really narrow. Its the slimmest bike Ive ever sat on, and I can understand with your height that the bike probably feels like a toy. Which is cool. I really like how narrow it is, but Im only 5'11", so it fits me pretty well. Most of the bikes out now-a-days feel like boats to me. They are so wide its almost funny how small it makes my FZR feel.

What kind of high speed problems were you having? Ive been up to 145 mph (indicated) and other than the wind blowing my head around, the bike was very stable. Might be the tires though. The new Bridgestones I got on there are awesome.

·
1,752 Posts
Screw you Tom!!! It runs now. :leghump

And just to clarify, I got it up to the indicated 145 before it decided to take a crap on me. :twofinger

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.