Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Invicible for 170M years
2,293 Posts
FWIW - when I first got my Busa I sometimes had trouble getting it into first. It lasted for a couple thousand miles and has been fine since (about 25k miles on it now). A trick I used to do was just to quickly put it in second gear if it wouldn't go into first (from neutral). I never had problems getting into second and I avoided looking like a dumbass at lights.

I don't know how loud yours clangs when you start it, but I notice that my engine can be pretty noisy when it first turns over.

Never experienced any weird idle with the bike though. I did have to adjust it once because it was too slow, but after the initial start-up (for about 3 seconds), the bike settles into a smooth idle.

You might just be getting a bit overanxious about these things since it's such a new bike. I remember my new bike whenever there was any type of noise or smell I was convinced the engine was about to blow up.

·
Registered
200 Posts
First of all, your bike still has a warranty, so go take it to the dealer if you're concerned about the noise, my F2 does that a lot and there's nothing wrong with the engine but if you're that concerned take it in.

About the "false" neutral, that happens all the time on my 636, just slip the clutch til it grabs and put it into 1st gear. A good way to eliminate this problem in the first place is to down shift to 1st gear before you roll to a stop, and if you do stop in a higher gear make sure you shift to 1st right away so you aren't stuck at a green light fiddling with your gearbox.

·
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy
3,067 Posts
I have a brand new 750..it does none of that. That shit is what warrenty is for.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
don't know about the idle or the clanking, but try rolling forward or backwards a little if it won't go in first. the same thing happened to me and everyone on here told me to do that. have you been shifting from 5th or 6th down to neutral without letting the clutch out? cause thats what i was doing when it wouldnt go into first.

about the false neutral - try shifting a little harder. that seems to make it stop.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Take a look at your oil at the next oil change. You won't believe the crap still in the oil. It'll probably look pearlescent with metal shavings. I bet the shifting smoothed out after anothe change or two. My R1 was the same plus the clutch stuck all the time. Still rattles when cold. All kinds of reasons for it. Clearance for expansion, top end oiling, etc. The R1 does the same. Mine also starts the same rattling crap when it heats up to 200 degrees regardless of rpm. It's just the bike.

Can you compare yours to another newish 750?

Randall

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea, from what I hear nobody elses new 740 does that.. lol I'll just take it to the shop when I get home, no biggie I guess..Thanks for the replies..

·
Registered
243 Posts
Meh2u said:
About the "false" neutral, that happens all the time on my 636, just slip the clutch til it grabs and put it into 1st gear.
I cant shift mine more than 1 gear while it's standing still without slipping the clutch. It's just kinda second nature at this point.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
H2Omax1 said:
I cant shift mine more than 1 gear while it's standing still without slipping the clutch. It's just kinda second nature at this point.

I know, me too.. I ALWAYS downshift while moving and use engine breaking to help stop... Thats what I was doing when it wouldnt go into first.. I was moving while trying to downshift, and STILL couldnt get it in..Anyway, I think I'm gonna drop it off at the stealership today, I'm goin away this weekend, I wouldnt be riding it much anyway.. So I'll drop it off now when I'm not gonna be pissed cause I cant ride.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mj31 said:
Where in New York are you???
LI, but my whole family lives in queens so I'm there a lot.. I see your in NYC? We should ride.. Hit up the twisties upstate and what not..

·
Registered
318 Posts
Mine shifts fine, no funky noises. As far as the idle goes, mine is also a bit rough, but I think it is because these bikes have such a mean cam in them and they just have that "race car-this thing is so fast it barely runs" sounding idle. I did put a t.r.e. on it and that smoothes it out both at idle and slow, loping speeds. The tre is switchable so it is easy to notice the difference. Back to the engine noise, that would bother me, sounds like oil isn't getting/staying up top very well. I would be off to the dealership on that and if they say nothing is wrong, I would ask to hear another 750 be started. Sorry to hear you have problems, good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts