Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was just wondering if u could help me here. I am a new sportbike rider but have been on dirtbikes and quads for about 13 years now. ive been ridin my f2 for about 2 weeks now and its been getting hotter around here and lately ive been smelling sulfur when i shut it down after a long ride. i have also noticed that my clutch is starting to slip around 11k rpm. could that be the smell? burning clutch?

·
Registered
64 Posts
The smell is more than likely Sulphuric Acid from the battery...over charging. Check the regulator
The clutch is non related and it sounds like you need to replace it too
Jim

·
Registered
304 Posts
Sulfur smell is definitely your battery. Sounds like your regulator/rectifier is bad and is causing your charging system to overcharge your battery. This is a VERY common problem on F2/F3. Get another rectifier ASAP or you're going to be buying a battery also when that one gets fried.

Clutch might just need to be adjusted, but it's not expensive or difficult if you have to replace it -- about $100.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea well it is the battery i went out to the bike this mornin and sure enough cliiiiiiiicccccckkkkkkkk son of a bitch the battery was shot and i guess i need a voltage rec to. if u ride the bike with it the way it is now will it hurt it? obviousely i have to push start it but it is currently my only modeof transportation

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
Put a meter on the battery and rev the bike to about 5,000rpm. It shouldn't be too much higher than 14volts or lower than 12.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the help guys i tested it last nite and sure enough 18.7 volts at 4k then as soon as i shut it down i heard the battery sizzling. i called my local dealership becuase i was gonna over ngiht it so i could ride this week end but they want $180.00 plus 35 for next day air so i just bought it off of ebay for 90 but it wont be here for a week or 2. it seems like everything shitty happens to me lol

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i ended up buy a brand new one from ebay for 90. i checked out that web site and they wanted 154 for it? where did u get 90?

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2001fz1 i kno where i can get a battery but i was talkin about the regualtor. thanks for your help tho

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
i'm retarded sometimes........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts