Sport Bikes banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey haknslash, let me know what you want graphic and size wise and i'll get you invoiced and sorted out. Sorry for the delay. As usual we've been busy with these things flying off of the shelf. But pm me with the size and graphics you want and i'll get it out to you at the SBN price.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Got my helmet but I'm missing the stock clear shield. I paid for an additional dark tinted shield and that one was installed but the stocker is nowhere to be found. Love the helmet but I need the stock shield so I can ride at night. Will either of you guys contact me so we can adress this small issue? Thanks.

My little review and pics can be found here http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/pictures/399691-got-my-blutek-helmet.html

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
While I do understand talking on phones can be a big distraction with holding a phone while driving and such, I don't see it a distraction for me personally being "handsfree".
During a safety orientation at my work site I made a similar statement when told that the "talking on a cell while driving is prohibited" included hand's free wheather wireless or not.

The safety guy said it's not the occupation of the hands that causes trouble for 99% of people. It's the frame of mind when talking to someone on the phone. You're not in the moment while you talking to someone on the phone. You're concentrating on what the other person is saying and formulating responses in your mind.

To that I answered, how is it any different than talking to another passenger? At least on hands free I can keep my eyes on the road rather than looking at the passenger.

He said to pay attention from now on and after you've gotten on the phone while driving .. try and recount either the route, or things you have passed while driving and talking. Chances are you won't be able to remember. Where's your focus??

Granted there are people out there who can pull it off .. talk hands free and keep 95% concentration on the task at hand (driving), but most people can't statisically (at least according to the safety guy).

Now, the intercom feature is great. Will it talk to other intercom systems that are blue-tooth capable or just other blue-tek helmet users?

·
Site Sponsor
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
During a safety orientation at my work site I made a similar statement when told that the "talking on a cell while driving is prohibited" included hand's free wheather wireless or not.

The safety guy said it's not the occupation of the hands that causes trouble for 99% of people. It's the frame of mind when talking to someone on the phone. You're not in the moment while you talking to someone on the phone. You're concentrating on what the other person is saying and formulating responses in your mind.

To that I answered, how is it any different than talking to another passenger? At least on hands free I can keep my eyes on the road rather than looking at the passenger.

He said to pay attention from now on and after you've gotten on the phone while driving .. try and recount either the route, or things you have passed while driving and talking. Chances are you won't be able to remember. Where's your focus??

Granted there are people out there who can pull it off .. talk hands free and keep 95% concentration on the task at hand (driving), but most people can't statisically (at least according to the safety guy).

Now, the intercom feature is great. Will it talk to other intercom systems that are blue-tooth capable or just other blue-tek helmet users?
We have yet to test intercom between our helmets and another headset that is not a phone. The additional headset would have to have the capability of completing the pair process automatically (when the helmets pair, the slave enters the '0000' code for the master to recognize it as an inquiring helmet). I have a couple of headsets I used to use at home, I'll bring them to the office tomorrow and let the tech's try to figure it out!

I'll let ya know!

·
Registered
34 Posts
for the LOVE of all that is wholly REPLY TO YOUR CUSTOMER's E-mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've sent over 5 to you and NO REPLY AT ALL!!!

are you tools out of business or just bad at conducting it!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
So u know I have tried out the Vega Vtune, I dont like it as much as I like the blutek. There was by far more windnoise with the Vega Helmet and riding while on the phone the person could tell i was on the bike and barely hear me. where as today while i was on the phone with my mother she had no idea I was doing 55mph on my 250

·
Registered
133 Posts
These are awesome helmets, but I don't see the point in buying a helmet with the bluetooth built in. Then, when it's time for a new helmet you no longer have the bluetooth. We have the Scala Rider headsets and they are FANTASTIC. (nobody can tell I am on the phone) Bike to bike communication (or bike to passenger), hook up to mp3 or ipod, plus built in radio :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
the blutek has the same options here, but honestly, i've already disassembled my helmet. if I wanted to im positive I could transfer everything from my current blutek to another helmet of my choice with a few minor modifications of course.

·
retired from here
4,122 Posts
These are awesome helmets, but I don't see the point in buying a helmet with the bluetooth built in. Then, when it's time for a new helmet you no longer have the bluetooth. We have the Scala Rider headsets and they are FANTASTIC. (nobody can tell I am on the phone) Bike to bike communication (or bike to passenger), hook up to mp3 or ipod, plus built in radio :)
This is what we have done and by buying the mounts that go on the helmets we can change which helmet we wear by simply sliding the electronics onto those mounts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Blutek Customer service

For those guys out there who have recieved Blutek helmets has the service been okay for you. I Am looking to buy one but have had some of the same problems with responces I have seen talked about on here and other boards. I think the helmet will be good but I am woried that if there is a problem I will be screwed trying to get a response. Have any of you guys had better luck with getting in contact with them.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts