Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

SBN Introductory prices are available, please email or PM me for information!

All helmets come with both a Bluetooth instruction kit so you aren't lost pairing your device and taking advantage of all its features, along with a Helmet Care manual that provides basic instruction for care and cleaning of your helmet. Each helmet is shipped with a standard clear visor, please include an extra $15 for a light tint or dark tint visor and note which you would like.

A few features of our helmets include:

DOT/SNELL Approved
Injected thermo-resin shell
Removeable/Washable pads
Clear, Light Tint, and Dark Tint Visors available (Dark Tint Shown)
Intake and Exhaust vents for functional cooling and heat extraction

FCC Approved
Hands Free Profile(HFP)
Head Set Profile(HSP)
Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)
Intercom Profile (ICP)

35ft Range from your phone
Voice Activated Dialing
Self Leveling Volume and Noise Cancelling Microphone
Multi-function Button
8 hour of Talk/Music Time
180 hours of Stand-by time

Let me know if you guys have any questions!

EDIT: There is another design I don't have pictured that I'll get up today. Sorry for the crappy pictures, they are going off for professional product pics today, and not our mediocre office pictures!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Looks great and I've checked your site out. I'm interested in buying one from you. i'll have to check out your cross reference sizing to make sure I can get one that fits. Would love to try on one before buying but obviously they aren't out yet heh. Looks good guys!

·
Site Sponsor
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for the delay, our offices were closed last week for the 4th (awesome for employees!) and I took the time to go on vacation.

Just to keep you guys up to date, we have had some issues with USPS delivering in a timely fashion, we used them as they assured us they were running July 4th but it seems to have bitten us back as they are taking longer to deliver. We will be using exclusively FedEx and UPS right now. All shipments are insured so no worries there we just want to keep you guys as up to the minute as possible. Also, please keep in mind prices are for July only (we are pushing for August) but after that they go closer to MSRP!

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Funny...many here complain of cage drivers being on the phone while driving being unsafe to motorcyclist.

I ride in part to get away from having to talk on the phone.

To each his own.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Funny...many here complain of cage drivers being on the phone while driving being unsafe to motorcyclist.

I ride in part to get away from having to talk on the phone.

To each his own.
While I do understand your point, I can speak for myself in that I'm getting one mainly so that I won't miss any calls while riding as well as be able to communicate with other riders in our group on rides. It's nice to be able to communicate between riders in a group other than using hand signals or flailing like a fish :eek:nfloor.

Also you never know when something important might come up or someone in a cage is trying to run you off the road and you need to call the cops, fire rescue, etc. Gonna be hard to do on a regular cell phone while riding. Can't tell you how many times I would of loved to have access to a phone while some cager is riding my ass, cutting me off, or driving like a jerk in general. All of which I would of called the cops on them and reported the tag..... if I had access to a phone then.

While I do understand talking on phones can be a big distraction with holding a phone while driving and such, I don't see it a distraction for me personally being "handsfree".

·
Site Sponsor
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
While I do understand your point, I can speak for myself in that I'm getting one mainly so that I won't miss any calls while riding as well as be able to communicate with other riders in our group on rides. It's nice to be able to communicate between riders in a group other than using hand signals or flailing like a fish :eek:nfloor.

Also you never know when something important might come up or someone in a cage is trying to run you off the road and you need to call the cops, fire rescue, etc. Gonna be hard to do on a regular cell phone while riding. Can't tell you how many times I would of loved to have access to a phone while some cager is riding my ass, cutting me off, or driving like a jerk in general. All of which I would of called the cops on them and reported the tag..... if I had access to a phone then.

While I do understand talking on phones can be a big distraction with holding a phone while driving and such, I don't see it a distraction for me personally being "handsfree".
All great points, and some of the key reason's behind the helmets.

What I try to get across to those I talk to is that our helmets, first and foremost are to protect you, the added Bluetooth is to aid in receiving calls, and also making important ones, along with the ability to listen to music. We do not expect our customers to be making conference calls on them, or making needless calls just because they can. Now you have the ability to make/receive calls, and listen to music, we just ask you do it cautiously and maintain your focus on the road.

Okay, that's the end of my plug, ha ha.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can ya'll not offer the 2nd speaker as a customer installed option? That way "legally" you've sold a DOT compliant-one speaker helmet? But then if the customer feels comfortable, they could then install the 2nd speaker at their own discretion?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Reza, any possibility of more shield options in the near future? Something like mirrored or iridium colors? Or do you know if other shields from other helmets will work with the Blutek helmets?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can ya'll not offer the 2nd speaker as a customer installed option? That way "legally" you've sold a DOT compliant-one speaker helmet? But then if the customer feels comfortable, they could then install the 2nd speaker at their own discretion?
That actually isn't a bad idea, let me check and see if we can offer the addition, I assume all we'd have to do would be draft an instruction packet and make packaging. I'll let you know this week.

Reza, any possibility of more shield options in the near future? Something like mirrored or iridium colors? Or do you know if other shields from other helmets will work with the Blutek helmets?
We are going to be restocking on shields pretty soon, I can get some iridium and mirror tint sheilds, shouldn't be an issue. Unfortunately there aren't any from other manufacturers that will be a direct swap, but give me a couple of weeks and I should have some in stock (we'll have to get them made, but we could do wit some more stock anyway).

EDIT: That's what I get for using Michael's computer, I forgot he was logged in.

Reza

·
Site Sponsor
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Website appears offline. getting "it works" at http://www.blutekhelmet.com/. How well does it work with an iphone, for the music and dimming of incoming calls?
Yea, our server just switched, still working out the bugs, try going to Blutek, LLC, without the www. Unfortunately, the iPhone doesn't have A2DP, but there is work around, do you have a Gen I or 3G?

·
Registered
281 Posts
We are going to be restocking on shields pretty soon, I can get some iridium and mirror tint sheilds, shouldn't be an issue. Unfortunately there aren't any from other manufacturers that will be a direct swap, but give me a couple of weeks and I should have some in stock (we'll have to get them made, but we could do wit some more stock anyway).

EDIT: That's what I get for using Michael's computer, I forgot he was logged in.

Reza

Sounds good. Should be placing my order this week as long as you're still offering the SBN price before these hit the market. You never got back with me on the graphic thing ;)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts