Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im lookin to purchasing a new helmet. mine is junk after i dumpd last year. i used to have an arai in size XL that fit me awesome but i came across a sizing chart for shoei that said i should be wearing a size L. i wear a 7 3/8 hat. do all helmet companies use a universal chart or what ?

also, can anyone on here get good deals on the Shoei RF-1000 Diabolic 2 helmet ? its fuggin bad ass. i almost won one on ebay but i got outbid cuz i was at work and couldnt bid on it

·
Registered
457 Posts
Helemt size is different across companies, and even among models on the higher end. I wore an XL Arai Signet. After I dumped, I switched to an Arai Astral X and went down a size.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I'm about your hat size, and I wear a size large Arai Signet GTR. The helmet should be as tight as possible without have any "hot spots" or pressure points around your skull. I've heard that after helmets break in, they usually feel about a size larger. For example, if you tried on a brand new XL and it fit good, a large would be good for you after you broke it in. That was the case for me, at least

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I would definitly go to a local shop and try a couple of helmets on to get a feel, other wise you might have to end up dealing w/the hassel of sending back a helmet that does not fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts