Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a helmet that has the ability to use a clear faceshield or a tinted faceshield. I don't mean one that you can swap the lenses out, but one that has both the clear and a tinted one built in that you can slide down either faceshield or something to that effect. Anyone know if these exist, and if they do, what are they called and who makes them?

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Nope, not to my knowledge.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
05fz6newb said:
I am looking for a helmet that has the ability to use a clear faceshield or a tinted faceshield. I don't mean one that you can swap the lenses out, but one that has both the clear and a tinted one built in that you can slide down either faceshield or something to that effect. Anyone know if these exist, and if they do, what are they called and who makes them?
if you make them you might get rich...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Someone should come up with autodarkening sheilds, like on welding hemlets. :)

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Schuberth Concept has a flip down dark shield behind the clear one. Fog city optics also makes a film that you put in that changes from light to dark. As far as a real photochromic lense, I dont think anyone has done it yet.

·
Registered
598 Posts
mysubaruimp said:
Schuberth Concept has a flip down dark shield behind the clear one.
I think that's the one I've seen. It's got a clear shield and then a small tinted one that just goes over your eyes and can be flipped up. Motorcyclist, Cycle World, or Sport Rider did a little review on it a few months back

1 - 7 of 7 Posts