Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently purchased a MP3 player, Phillips HDD-120, for use on longer trips and my comute to school / work which is a good lil highway strech. The player came with earbud style headphones and I thought they would be fine however after about 15 minutes my ears start throbing. Next I bought a pair of headphones, just some standard panasonic ones, took out the speakers mounted them on the sides of my helmet. I can hear the music fine when sitting in my house but my exhaust ends that... I thought maybe Radio Shack would sell a booster for headphones and they do, however the unit is quite large and I can't even begin to think where I would mount that! ALot of people have been giving me some good ideas on what do to, like buy some good earmuff style headphones and gut them, but again the speakers themselves are too large to fit in the helmet. I tried some of those flat panal computer speakers but the player doesn't have enough power to drive them correctly. So had anyone else been down this road before and found an acceptable solution to the problem? I thought about buying a Chatterbox but I really wouldn't get much use with it and I don't feel like dropping another $300 just for music. Help me out!

P.S. - Sorry about the long post. I like to give all the information.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well I bought my chatterbox before my MP3 player. Works great. You might try earplugs and turn the volume up to kill the exaust? Good luck. :headbang

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Squid Killer - Thanks for the link, I think I'll give them a call tomarrow to see what options they have. What speaker set do you use?

zukman - I tried using earplugs but they give me extreme ear pain after anything more than 30 minutes or so

1 - 4 of 4 Posts