Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how is everyone storing there helmets on the bike
i cant find my manual do we have a lock ?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Check the cheap mods thread- I use a padlock on the rear peg as suggested there.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
i use a small cable, wrapped through the frame, locked with a small padlock. simple, yet effective

·
Registered
29 Posts
Lock

I went on Ebay on bought a chrome helmet lock that attaches to the underside of the rear frame, it cost me $15 and looks like part of the bike. I just typed in chrome helmet lock for the search.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
There's a thread around here somewhere...

Try searching on 'gun lock'

·
Registered
622 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
JC whitney helmet lock on the subframe..

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts
If you live in a big city or area with theft, then just carry it... otherwise you risk it being stolen anyway or defiled in some nasty way.

Otherwise you can use what everyone has mentioned already, combination lock or similar, cable lock, even the JC Whitney lock that Hippie has is pretty cool.

I use my disc lock, if I'm really lazy. It's a bit tough to get it on/off but it's doable.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I got one similiar to hippies but got it from DennisKirk I think it is a lil different size. I put it on the handlebars between the riser deals. It isn't very noticeable and is really handy.

·
Registered
301 Posts
All good solutions, until you have a Nolan flip-face helmet that uses something similar to a seat belt lock to strap the helmet to your head rather than the conventional D-rings. While I'd never leave a helmet locked on for long, sometimes I'd like to lock it for a few minutes while I just run into a store ...

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Helmets are extra useful IN a store, no need to waste and use plastic bags and such you've already got a bowl on your head.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Binary Jay said:
Helmets are extra useful IN a store, no need to waste and use plastic bags and such you've already got a bowl on your head.
or carrying mcdonalds breakfast to your office

1 - 12 of 12 Posts