Sport Bikes banner

Helmet usage = Acne?

• Total voters
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
its because of you sweating and your pad gets so saturated. Like everybody else said. Wash it. Also when you are standing around either take the helmet off or at least open your visor

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I always wash my hair/face before the first ride of the day. Helps alot. I have an oily scalp, if I don't wash my hair all that oil from my hair can get on my face.

Good idea on the pre-soaked cotton face pads, I think I'm gonna get some later and see how much dirt is on my face after a ride.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
I would offer that its not the liner, but your hair follicles along with their oil and bacteria that gets pressed against your forehead.

Attachments

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
Its called sweat-anywhere you have sweat-mix that with dirt, open pours and voila.

Wash your cobb after riding-the liners are removable for washing as well.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
^ Gross!! :barf

I only have problems with break-outs where my skin is exposed (not where it's protected by my helmet). The road grime/dirty air causes more problems than my helmet liner does, though I wear a balaclava most of the time and try to keep it clean. I wash my face with Boire Pore Unclogging Scrub twice a day every day and immediately after any long ride to prevent complexion malfunctions.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
^ Gross!! :barf
I know - its my actual back.

The FCC won't let me post a picture of my face because of the Geneva Conventions.

I do, however wear one of these.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Does you helmet have a vent? maybe it doesn't ventilate as well as others....or you have your vent shut?

^^ That guy in the pic above needs to get a girlfriend, they are great for keeping bacne in check :lol However, even the most hardcore zit-popping-fetish chick would probably turn tail and run from that... and this

·
Registered
449 Posts
the sweat soaking into the liner and the pads is what causes your acne, just keep the liner clean. My face breaks out when it gets sweaty, even after going to the gym, so I clean it often. Keep the liner clean and you should be fine

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Does anyone else have an urge to take a wire brush to that dude's back?

The liner of your helmet can cause irritation, resulting in breakouts, regardless of how clean it is. Obviously, being dirty makes it worse. I think that over some time your skin will adjust to the presence of a helmet and the problem with go away. I broke out a bit when I started wearing a helmet too, but it only lasted for a few months.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts