Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 fz1 that I bought two years ago. I got a good deal on the bike and couldn't pass it up when I found out it only had 9700 miles on it. I spent the winter putting a few aftermarket parts on it one of them was a set of mirrors with integrated turn signals. I hooked the mirrors up and give them a try, my main turn signals work and the ones in the mirrors work but my dash read outs start flashing. I can turn them off and the read out comes back on like normal. I unhooked the mirrors and wired it back like normal and the read outs are still flashing in the cluster. Has anyone had any issues with this, I have looked at the wire connection under the fairings and cant really see anything wrong I looked through the fuses they are good. The battery is fully charged. Does anybody have any other things I might check. Thanks for any advice you guys might have.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'd check your battery again. Even if you are charging it, does not mean it is holding that charge.

I'd go buy a new battery and give it a try, if it does not work, return the battery, but I am betting that is your issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I finally had to time to finish working on my bike yesterday. The turn signal problem seemed to fix itself, I hate when things do that. I still doesn't make any since to me because with the bike running they work fine but when the key is off that's when the read out starts flashing. I took my jump box and hooked it to the battery cables directly and this still happens. I will just drive it until something happens. Thanks for the input guys its good to be able to come to a place and get some good advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts