Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello! long time lurker, first time poster :D

Still a new rider (got my license in january)-just bought a bmw f800gt, and hope to make some friends and learn a few things. this is my 2nd bike. i started off on a kawasaki vulcan 500. i had originally planned to keep the vulcan longer...but i had been researching (read: lusting after) the bmw for a while. i made the mistake of stopping by the dealership for a demo ride on my day off. a few hours later it was sitting in my garage.

cruisers are cool and all, but i've realized that sport tourers are my thing. I'd rather do an all day run with 200+ miles of curves and scenery over riding from bar to bar. I usually travel with my dad, who's been riding since before i was born. He rides a road king, so i'm sure it looks a little strange to see a bimmer and a harley riding together. anyhow, nice to meet you all-happy riding!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Yea, gorgeous bike. And, it's not as uncommon as you think, a Harley riding with a non Harley bike. You'll se em. And neither are cruisers more prone to being parked in front of bars, at least around here. Billion of em on the road here tho. I agree, sport tourers are the way to go for many of us, I do miss my ZZR. And the riding position of my triumph cruiser (and my sciatic nerve) is killing my back, so I've been planning a jump back onto a faired, more forward postured bike next season. Welcome, and enjoy that bike!!!

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts
:welcome2

Dunno why the hell BWM insists on putting the shaft on the wrong side of the bike.

Either way, schweat bike, as noted that is a hell of a second.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts