Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, hello from Philadelphia area. Been riding for a couple years now on my starter bike 92 ex 500 & my 95 fzr 600. Keep the rubber side down & thanks for having me. Anyone going to "bike to the beach" in Ocean City MD this weekend?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome to the forum, how did you like your ex500? I am in the market for a pre 94 model and am curious about the opinions of others regarding them

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum, how did you like your ex500? I am in the market for a pre 94 model and am curious about the opinions of others regarding them
Still have the ex500, Ive just been focused on the FZR600 as of late. The 500 was my 1st bike & an exceptional starter bike, very flickable, light weight in a sport/tourer seating position. I'm considerably older then you & I didn't get into street bikes until I was 35, Only prior experience was a Honda XR100 I had as a teen 20 odd years ago. I'm a very conservative rider who occasionaly opens it up, but all in all I wanted a cheap bike to learn on that wasn't too overpowered at a low price point & the ex500 fit the bill perfectly. Very reliable design with minimal changes over the years, if your looking for a racebike this isn't it, as the engine is virtually maxed out from the factory, but if you want a great learning bike that you can take through the curves or ride as a fuel efficient commuter its a good platform. Also, check out ex-500.com, I'm Kennyp75 over there.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Not many places in Philly to open her up. And usually bout an hour ride to anywhere with some decent twists (unless you're holding out some info). Best I've found in Philly is the Kelly Dr loop and some interesting areas in Fairmont Park.

Howdy from Ucity

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah I'm looking at an ex500 to get rid of all the bad habits I picked up riding the zx7, my goal with the ex is to have a good commuter to keep for daily driving in the summer, and also to get lots of experience before I pick up either a gpz900 or an 86-89 gsxr, or most likely all three eventually :D thanks for the info on the forum, will defiantly pop in and check that out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not many places in Philly to open her up. And usually bout an hour ride to anywhere with some decent twists (unless you're holding out some info). Best I've found in Philly is the Kelly Dr loop and some interesting areas in Fairmont Park.

Howdy from Ucity
I'm not actually in Philly, I'm about 15-20 minutes south in Upper Chichester. Philadelphia is the closest city to me, therefore my reference to Philadelphia area. For some quick local rips we ride alot in Beaver Valley,/Chadds Ford/Brandywine Creek region. There some decent twisties, fairly scenic wooded area adjacent to the Brandywine creek. You just have to keep your eyes open for wildlife, bicyclists & debri such as gravel or branches in the roadway

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Hellow from the Jersey side of the river :) and yeah- pickings are slim for riding till you headed north and west!!!

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
95 fizzer 600, Welcome!

This forum isn't as busy as it once was, but there still are a lot of good folk here. If you are ever up for a group ride, the Christian Sport Bike Association has two chapters not far from you. The Eastern Pennsylvania chapter meets @ the Starlite diner in Fogelsville on the first Saturday of the month and the Central Pennsylvania chapter meets the second Saturday of the month, they ride out of Lancaster county. With both chapters all bikes and beliefs are welcome, and we ride ATGATT. Enjoy the nice weather coming after that nasty winter,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
95 fizzer 600, Welcome!

This forum isn't as busy as it once was, but there still are a lot of good folk here. If you are ever up for a group ride, the Christian Sport Bike Association has two chapters not far from you. The Eastern Pennsylvania chapter meets @ the Starlite diner in Fogelsville on the first Saturday of the month and the Central Pennsylvania chapter meets the second Saturday of the month, they ride out of Lancaster county. With both chapters all bikes and beliefs are welcome, and we ride ATGATT. Enjoy the nice weather coming after that nasty winter,
Sounds like fun, Fogelsville or Lancaster are about 1 to 1.5 hrs from me, very doable. I'm sure my 2 riding buddies on their cbr 600's would want to come along as well. Right now bike is back in my garage as a drainage issue/electrical gremlin :vader reared its ugly head on our "bike to the beach trip". Going to be getting very familiar with my multimeter & fault finding diagrams today, hopefully I can figure this out. About 100 miles in or so bike shut off & battery was discharged. Thank the Lord we were in the town of Bethany at that point & I was able to popstart the bike & get a new battery at an auto parts store not 5 minutes away from where bike shutoff.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Glad to have you here, hope you find few good ride buddies here, welcome!
Thanks. I see your fairly new here as well, so welcome. I'm a little envious that you hail from Florida, beyond the typical afternoon thunderstorms that blow out as fast as they come in you can ride all year. I come down to Merritt Island, Fl every year with the family to visit with the in-laws for my yearly vacation. Only wish I had a bike down there. Ride safe & wear that gear, Cheers. :happy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts