Sport Bikes banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well - thoughtI'd post up a little update from Daytona.

Not much to update from my standpoint, since I don't race until tomorrow...

The track is really fun. My kinda place - lots of emphasis on braking and corner entry. Scary though - and I'm not sure I have the banking yet. Will have to see tomorrow.

This Daytona lady is a harsh mistress though... The competition is tough! Jigs got a very hard fought 11th in F40 today. Buritto crashed in GTU, and got 2nd in Middleweight Supersport. Ron Hix got a 4th in GTO - but then the poor guys motor blew his SECOND motor of the weekend in ULSB - so he's down for the count :(

But... BUT... Joel Spalding won Thunderbike in a VERY hard fought battle!

Also - Ray and Jesse (WSB Teamates) got 8th overall and 5th in class in Friday's team challenge.

Joel brought over an 1125 as well - so we'll be up for it in HWSB and Supertwins.

Unfortunately, there are a LOT of fast 999Rs, 1098s (and a 1098R) from the East coast and Miami area... so let's just say that I'm not the odds on favorite. None the less, I'm having a BLAST down here... and I will do the best I can. If I leave everything on the track (NOT the bike, mind) - I'll go home satisfied.

Thanks everyone for your well wishings, voicemails, texts... etc. As always, your support means a lot to me!

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Give'em hell tomorrow, Todd. Break a leg and have fun :dblthumb

Congrats to Jigs and everyone else.

I'll have a drink for you tonight at Joe and Carolyn's :beer

BTW...bring back some of the warm weather with you!

·
Are we not men?
9,023 Posts
Good luck and give 'em hell! Most of all, have a ball!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Got your txt. What an awesome accomplishment! Must be awesome to be riding on that track!
You're good at riding those fast murdercycles!

·
Keeping WI HOT since 1998
2,917 Posts
Hope you had fun and gave 'em hell, Todd. :cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts