Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there! Bit timid on here (or in the biking world in general), so be patient with me! I am a 19 year old female athlete, competing professionally in my sport (on a lower aka not internationally recognized level) but for anonymity's sake I wont mention in what.

Anyway, been always in awe of bikes, and decided it was time for me to get one. I've been saving up, and going to take the MSF ASAP. My knowledge was sub-zero about a month ago, but I have been practicing and devouring any info/reading I can get my hands on. Learning curve hasn't been as hard as I thought since I drive a manual--but still working on it

Anyway enough rambling! Maybe as I progress/get more confident I'll engage more--until then I will be studying you and trying to learn the best I can. :))

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
^ Pch, what the hell is really wrong with you? Sheesh!

Welcome, Attej! Glad to see you are approaching the sport in the right way. Check out the new rider's subforum, and the women riders subforum for more information and feel free to ask questions. I apologize in advance for any leghumping or other unfortunate behaviour and comments from certain members here. ;)

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Don't even get me started. I'm tired and cranky and NOT in a good mood, so be warned. :chair :50cal

But you need to work on your social skills if you're going to post in Intros.
:neener

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Welcome, attej11, looking forward to watching you grow and learn, and eventually get s bike and start riding! ! And, good luck in your sports career, I wish you great success. :)

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I looked up lulz me being a decrepit old fart and all;
lulz - Wiktionary

That doesn't seem so bad. Is wiktionary wrong? Imagine that.

As far as motorcycles, take it slow and careful at first. Like any sport there is a period of sensory overload at first. So much is happening that you never notice in a car. Everybody will tell you to start small. That is because it is better to learn with 40 Hp then 140 Hp. Practice! Practice! Practice! The first time you drop 100 HP on the pavement 2 feet under your ass, your world will change. If you haven't done it with 40 Hp, that change might not be for the better.
There are 1200 cc bikes out there with 50Hp. Then there are 600 cc bikes with 120Hp. So don't get hung up on size.

AC, you got pull. Bring back the leghumper emotocion. Start a poll, put some heat on whoever killed it in the first place.:bangdesk

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
The leghumper smilie is still here. :leghump Which one are you talking about? If you have one you want us to add, send it to me and I'll add it.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
The leghumper smilie is still here. :leghump Which one are you talking about? If you have one you want us to add, send it to me and I'll add it.
My bad. I just don't see it. I have a 3 by 4 (12 choices) grid. I will fool around until I get more.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Dude...

...you need a new computer. they got color monitors now. :eatsmiley
Does it work better then my flat panel LCD?
I'm running Ubuntu and the 12.4 LTS well and truly sucks. I'm thinking about going to Mint. That shouldn't make any difference but..........:lgh2

·
Registered
175 Posts
Does it work better then my flat panel LCD?
I'm running Ubuntu and the 12.4 LTS well and truly sucks. I'm thinking about going to Mint. That shouldn't make any difference but..........:lgh2
Ubuntu sucks try openSUSE. Linux user for 16 years.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts