Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Riding Naked
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. My name is Chris and I'm picking up a naked 2007 FZ6 next week on wednesday from a member called "Dreambuilder". I just thought I'd make a quick introduction of myself since I'll be hanging around quite a bit. I try to be as little of a newb as possible... I've already done a lot of searching and found the service manual and read through quite a few threads in the FZ6 mods section. I have a good understanding of all the common mods from FZ1 bars down to speedohealers and the -1 sprocket... I'm not new to forums and I know how annoying all those basic common questions can be.

I'm a new rider, this is my first street bike. I had done quite a bit of research before settling on the FZ6 as my first bike. It seems to have a really good balance of features and seems to suit a novice rider well because it can do a little of everything. I've riden motocross for the last few years so I'm hoping the transition to a street bike should be smooth.

I'm an industrial electrician by trade, and I've spent a lot of time under hoods and taking apart bikes so i have a good solid mechanical understand and hands on skiils both in maintenance and in peformance.

Anyways, see you all around the forum and hopefully on the street!

Chris

·
Registered
327 Posts
:twofinger (standard FZ6 greeting)

Welcome!

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
i always hear alot of guys with moto backgrounds hoping they'll make the transition....and about the only commonality will be shifting gears....the rest is so vastly different....let me ask you this....when was the last time, while tearing up the dirt, did a 3000lb hunk of steel try and kill you ???
be careful

·
Parrothead
560 Posts
Welcome Chris, You've bought yourself a sweet looking fizzer, even though it is the blue color.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Hi Chris, welcome. I'm a recovering motocrosser myself. Cheers.

·
The Angry Blue Mantis!
1,849 Posts
Welcome to the community...lots of info on this site for the FZ6!

Get yourself some frame sliders pronto!

·
SuperBike Champion
2,446 Posts
:twofinger <- STD SBN Welcome! Atleast you kept that naked bike in the SBN family.

·
Cubicle Ostrich
1,785 Posts
Dreambuilder did a good job on that bike. He posted up during his build, I'm sure you've already found the threads. No surprises!

I think you picked a good bike for your first street bike, given your background and it seems that you are a mature person.

I would be leery if you were saying "hey d00ds where can i get teh stunt cage for fz6!!!!11"

The FZ6 has great performance but a very tame demeanor :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Lol, wait..Does that mean were losing dream builder? Didnt he just post his picture for the calender?

Im lost haha, anyway.. Welcome..You'll learn to love this forum lol.

·
Riding Naked
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm not sure what his plans are, but I assure you that I will continue the project tastefully. I have a few things in mind already.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts