Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
$460 gets a Japbike
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would stop by and say hi to those who know me, and at the same time introduce myself to those who don't yetI'm new Hwy 100 Starbucks meat......LOL My name is Darren, 36, recently divorced, 2001 R6, did I mention I'm British, haven't ridden in 18 years, swore blind I never would again after 3 friends died riding, met some folks at Starbucks, and low and behold, what am I doing, yeah I'm having a mid life crisis and riding again. So if you see me on the road, move the hell over I'm still a little wobbly ;), if you see me at Starbucks, stop by say hi. Girls, bring your own bike, I'm not safe to ride with....yet....... LMAO

Anyway, hello all.....

Cheers

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hello mate. :twofinger (standard SBN greeting)
So did you ride in Ol Blighty or did you move here then ride?

·
Jerk
990 Posts
Welcome. :twofinger Is your bike the red/black scheme, or black with the red flames? Don't get too addicted to Starbucks, or we'll lose another guy to the allure of sitting and drinking coffee rather than riding.

Tom.

·
$460 gets a Japbike
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mr_druid said:
Welcome. :twofinger Is your bike the red/black scheme, or black with the red flames? Don't get too addicted to Starbucks, or we'll lose another guy to the allure of sitting and drinking coffee rather than riding.

Tom.
Red Black, and I've been drinking starbucks for as long as I have been coming up to hwy, so I am already addicted to sitting and drinking coffee LOL.

For the other question, yes I rode back home in England when I was 17/18, about a year and a half of riding back then, an 18 year gap to now......

·
Registered
177 Posts
UK_R6 said:
Just thought I would stop by and say hi to those who know me, and at the same time introduce myself to those who don't yetI'm new Hwy 100 Starbucks meat......LOL My name is Darren, 36, recently divorced, 2001 R6, did I mention I'm British, haven't ridden in 18 years, swore blind I never would again after 3 friends died riding, met some folks at Starbucks, and low and behold, what am I doing, yeah I'm having a mid life crisis and riding again. So if you see me on the road, move the hell over I'm still a little wobbly ;), if you see me at Starbucks, stop by say hi. Girls, bring your own bike, I'm not safe to ride with....yet....... LMAO

Anyway, hello all.....

Cheers
Hey Darren what's up! We gotta get out and ride, I haven't been out that much since I got back from Vegas. Glad to see you found the site.

AL

mr_druid said:

Tom.

Yeah because sitting in a mall or gas station parking lot saying "so where do ya wanna go" is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more fun :lol

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Welcome to SBN UK R6 :twofinger

Enjoy your time here.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Hullo thar.....welcome N whatnot.

Cj

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Yea, people who sit at starbucks never ride!!! Someone must have stole my bike everytime I sat there and put on about 21k miles on the odo!!! :twofinger :twofinger

Darren gets the ladies on the R6!!!!! (well at least on my r6 :twofinger ).

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
By the way... nice to see ya on here Darren. There is some pretty good info on the site and a whole bunch of people who love to ride.

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
Hi Darren - and welcome. I am a bit of a newbe to the site as well. Good guys, they are - fun to ride with.

How 'bout that, Brian, another guy who signs his emails off with "Cheers"

I'm not British, but I think I kinda' write like I am... I read a lot of Brit Bike mags and all..

Anyway, welcome to the addiction, then.

Cheers - Todd

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well howdy, N welcome to the sport agian!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Rogue6 said:
Yea, people who sit at starbucks never ride!!! Someone must have stole my bike everytime I sat there and put on about 21k miles on the odo!!! :twofinger

Yeah WTF someone must be puttin miles on my bike too, because all we EVER do is sit at Starbucks and NEVER ride :twofinger or maybe the goverment took my ODO and added a few thousand miles in the last few months it's the man fuckin with me :lol

·
Jerk
990 Posts
Oh man the gov. is after you too? Don't get the new 20's they have a tracking chip in them. If you put a tight bundle of them in a microwave and heat them up, they will all burn right over the sensor. If you get a new 20 break it right away and get some old 5's and 10's, they can't track those. I had pics to prove it but I can't find them now, the gov. must of hacked my computer.

Tom.

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Welcome, welcome!
Nice choice in bikes, I must say....I am a HUGE fan of the R6... :) I too, am a newbie on the 6 so if we ever have a chance to ride together, we'll just have to give some distance!!! It's all good. Enjoy that bike!

I guess I"ll never be interested in the Starbucks thing....I just want to ride....

Since Alison and I are girls, does that make us chapettes??? :lol

·
Registered
324 Posts
Welcome to the fold Darren,
It is good that you chose to ride again. I know alomst everyone knows of someone who has been in a accident on a bike and same with automobiles. But funny thing is I don't hear people say I'm going to stop driving my cage. We are a special breed, us motorcyclists.
Do you know of any local happenings such as 2 Wheel Tuesday with many places to go and meet people?
See you around.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
well...good day mate and welcome..maybe we'll get a chance to get out and ride that'd be awesome.. enjoy the site (and people) and riding!! be safe too =)

·
$460 gets a Japbike
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the welcomes guys, as for starbucks and not riding, I have 1000 on the bike in a week of owning it, hell must be me getting up at 6 every morning to ride before work.....

Ladies, no that doesn't make you Chapettes, a chap is a chap, and Ladies are, well they are what all us chaps require to keep our lives in order.......

I look forward to riding more with you all especially as my skill tart to either come back or get refined.....

Oh yeah finally Starbucks tonight anyone.... LOL

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hell yeah I'm there!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts