Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, this is Rick from CheapCycleParts.com and we just signed up as a vendor on this forum. We have a full selection of OEM and aftermarket parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, Polaris, Can-Am, and KTM. We've got most of the best deals on the web!

check out our website at CheapCycleParts.com | Order Honda Parts,Kawasaki Parts,KTM Parts,Polaris Parts,Suzuki Parts,Yamaha Parts online. and let me know if there is anything you need. Feel free to email me any questions [email protected] or call 1-866-842-0086 and ask for Rick @ extension 148.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jim-hello, glad to be here. I've been waiting for them to get this affiliate program wrapped up as well, lol. at this point the goal is to have it operational by Feb 1 09. hope this helps. thanks.

stan- we have several options when it comes to body work. shoot me an Emaill, or call me and we'll see what we can do for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My experience with Cheapcycleparts.com

I found this article CheapCycleParts.com Selects Deposco for Operational Excellence: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance

That came over from BNET.com. I have done business with cheapcycleparts.com and found it a little embarrassing for all the hype. The online order form was somewhat riddled with bugs in the area of the shopping cart. The online order form was misleading and had an unnecessary "REQ" strategically placed and not clearly defined. The prices for small parts for example a retainer washer for body panels on the honda sport bikes is priced over $2.00 which is easily 10 times what it is worth (price gauging). It costs more to manufacture and distribute a penny than that item. In the area of customer service I found it to be somewhat surley and callous. The shipping was a little slow Jan 23-Feb.02, 2009. There is room for improvement.:bitchslap

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
im sorry that you found our service "embarassing", and that you had problems with the shopping cart.

How is the REQ unnescessary? IT tells you how many of that specific part are required to do the job, which is something i like to know.

and if that part costs 1 cent or not to make, that is irrelevant. you cant judge the cost of what you have to pay for something to the cost of what it costs to manufacturer the item.

If we charge $2.00 for that item, then Honda probably charges us $1.50 and your local dealer probably charges $4.00! We're just trying to save people some money :).

our website clearly states standard ground shipping will take 7-10 days to arrive and gives you options for rush shipping if you need it quicker :). it dosent seem you order was late or anything.

Can you please PM me with why you think we were "misleading" or what was wrong with our customer service so maybe i can work on some things.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry Rick

I have just began a small quest to warn as many people as possible about Cheapcycleparts.com. I made my FIRST and LAST order from CCP.com nine days ago (today is sixth business day) and only SOME of my parts will ship today, one item they are still waiting for and will not even ship for a couple more days. So it will be a good two weeks before I can put my motor back together because without the item that will ship separately later, I cannot do anything with the items that are being shipped today. The real kick is that when I ordered, ALL of the parts were listed as "in-stock". However, when I called their customer service line, it was explained to me that CheapCycleParts.com DOES NOT KEEP ITEMS IN-STOCK, they simply take your order and then they order from the manufacturer, once THEY get the parts, then they ship them to you, its a complete middle-man job. I didnt notice that it said it would take 3-5 days to ship to me, even if it did I never would have expected it to take SIX business days(nine total) to ship only part of my order. When I asked if I could just cancel my order, I was told I would have to pay a 20% restocking fee.

So, I WOULD RECOMMEND NEVER ORDERING ANYTHING FROM CHEAPCYCLEPARTS.COM

-LONG wait time
-Other sites have just as good, if not better, prices
-Not one person in their Customer Service dept. (I've made two calls and also wrote a lengthy, detailed email to them) has made any effort to make me happy, they wouldnt even free upgrade the shipping to overnight, NOTHING.

Again, unless you like watching your friends ride while you wait for parts to fix your bike, do not order from CheapCycleParts.com

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there everyone. I just did a google search looking for anyone who has had problems with CheapCycleParts.com. It seems like a decent amount of people, including myself, have. Here's my story:

I recently ordered a speedometer cable from them, assuming it would be cheaper and easier as my closest honda dealer is about 30 minutes away. I read, while ordering, on their site the standard "please allow 3-5 business days to process your order." I obviously didn't pay enough attention to it because 3-5 business days for processing is insane. I placed my order some time around noon, est, on Tuesday June 15th (i think this means around 9 or 10am for them). I got a receipt in my email for the order almost immediately. Per their website, I should receive a tracking number shortly.

Fast forward to Monday, June 21st. I still had not received a tracking number, so I called first thing in the AM. I spoke to a nice young lady who told me they had received my order and it would be shipped out via fed-ex today. I was obviously a little concerned since i had ordered the part a week ago. She said they do not drop ship, and the part was not in stock so they had to order it first to their warehouse, and then ship to me. This seemed pretty out of the ordinary, but what could I do. I thanked her for her help, and she assured me i would receive a tracking number that day.

Tuesday June 22nd, I receive a tracking number by email, linking me to a USPS site mind you. When I click the link, it tells me the tracking number was invalid and to try again. I assumed it had not been updated in the system. I tried a few more times through out the day, no change.

Wednesday, June 23rd I checked the tracking number first thing and finally it had updated. The message now read "shipping information received" and then had a message about how the package had not been dropped off, but the billing info had been processed, meaning it still had not been shipped. I gave them a call and this time spoke to a man. I gave him my order number and began explaining my problem to him. I may be a little long winded, but I was literally a few seconds in to explaining my problem when he interrupted me and said "Buddy, it'll ship out today." I explained to him that my problem was only half in the slow shipping time, but also in the misinformation given by the previous rep. He was unconcerned with what the previous rep told me, more so with trying to prove to me that Wednesday was the 5th business day from my order. He explained that no matter how early you order (my assumption since i ordered in the AM) the order day doesn't count, and that the day it ships doesn't count either b/c it is out of their hands. I went into the conversation just concerned about my part, and left angry at the lack of customer service.

I then sent an email stating everything Ive said above. I got an email back explaining to me that my situation fit into their shipping guidelines, and advising me of where I can find them. No mention was made of the rude CSR, or the misinformation.

My situation isn't terrible. I got my part, it appears to be the right part. It didn't take months, or cost a fortune. To be honest, if it weren't for the customer service issues I wouldn't even be posting this today. I have had great transactions with my local dealer, and shouldn't have strayed. Lesson learned, sorry for the novel, just thought I'd throw my .02 in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts