Sport Bikes banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked this bike up last week, I bought it about 3 weeks ago and waited for it to get done ha ha. Anyways Its a 1992 CBR F2 with every Bolt on mod available that I can tell. The bike is pretty clean a few stress cracks in the fairings due to age not from being dropped and a couple of scuffs from where someone decided to get a little close to a garage wall or something. Other then that its a clean 23,000 original mile bike that runs like a raped ape. I'm glad to join this site to hopefully learn more about the F2's and hopefully pick some tricks of the trade up as well. Pictures attached to this post don't pick her apart to much lmao. By the way I live in South Jersey and talk normal, you know like the farming area of Jersey and where The Garden State name came from lol definitely not like the crappy jersey shore show out this way.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Nice bike! It might need new tires. Check the date code on the sidewall, if it's more than 5 years old it needs replaced

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice but thats the first thing I had put on was 2 new Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's Kept the stock 160 in the rear and 120 in the front. They are very grippy in the corners but to be honest I have yet to grow Big ones enough to really try and corner her, I know the bike can do it but me on the other hand..... lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm trying to locate some fairing parts and a full decal set before winter, I plan on doing a full tear down and going through everything but the motor as It was gone through prior to me buying it. I guess perks of being friends with a guy who owns a bike shop :)

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
You definitely bought it at the right time to get the best price, just be careful with winter coming. Wet leaves are deadly and as soon as the roads get salted you can't assume any corner will be clean

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You definitely bought it at the right time to get the best price, just be careful with winter coming. Wet leaves are deadly and as soon as the roads get salted you can't assume any corner will be clean
I actually paid top dollar for the bike really, market value is going up on the old F2's. I paid $2,250 and road it out the door. The only reason I paid that for the bike is because I know the shop owner and he got it off of his friend for himself. The bike has always been adult owned im actually probably the youngest owner of it at 26 lol. With over 24k working on 25k miles on the trip o meter I know im good for at least another 75k if I maintain it and don't beat the piss out of it. Next season it may end up going to a few track days but other then that I just go cruising. For being a 92 it surprised me just how much power and torque this bike actually has. It might not hang in the top end but in the bottom hands down without a doubt it will give any new bike a run for there money. My plan is just to make it 99% showroom quality and ride it like that. I dont plan on getting to many more days of riding in, if I can make it to say mid November I would be happy but its looking like just a couple more weeks in his season out this way. Thank you for telling me to be careful, i know im young but trust me I listen :) There is the street and then there is a track and growing up in a family that has raced for 3 generations ive learned the difference.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Nice!

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
that bike is awesome.

you have excellent taste. :D

Traditional SBN welcome gesture ----> :twofinger

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thank you all, I just got my new D&D exhaust badge and also the fuse box cover since it was missing, thank god you can still get some factory OEM parts lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts