Sport Bikes banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was dirt a while back, but ever since getting in the military, it's kinda hard to do (Italy). And i've been dieing to ride again... i've done some lookin and as hard as it is to find an American spec bike here for under $5k.... i did it! i actually did it... a friend of mine is selling me his 1st bike a 2003 Kawasaki ZX-6R for $3000. I know i am gonna hear it from someone... at least SOMEONE... that 600's are not starter bikes, but he when you've ridden dirt for as long as i did, i think a 600 will fit nicely as a starter bike... So as soon as i get the bike, i will get some pics and post em up!

Oh yeah and because it was his 1st bike, he did drop it, once on both sides, so there is some scrapes on the fairings and a dent in the gas tank. Well like i said this is my first street, so i don't really care too much about the looks, as long as it is a mechanically sound vehicle! As for the gear, he's dumping me his 2 helmets, both euro spec and dot cert. :) I am checking the local shops and online for the boots/jacket/pants, and i have some gloves from an old friend that used to be here in Aviano w/ me... wonder where he is now... he's on this board... wonder what his name is... and what he rides now... ... ... ... where am i... WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE!?!?!?

:banana

·
Registered
417 Posts
Welcome to SBN.. enjoy the site. if you feel you can handle the 600cc, and be smart and safe about it.. go for it. only you know your comfort level. i wouldn't encourage you or anyone else to start on a 600cc sportbike .. but hey what do i know..

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sounds like a good find. And I am sure you will enjoy it - but I don't envy you riding in Italy. They are CRAZY! Much more civilized here in Germany. I moved from a 750 cruiser to a ZZR1200. Loving it!

·
Lingerie Bandit
5,623 Posts
Welcome! you should dig the bike, I rode dirt when I was younger and feel it has helped me in the long run.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, Italy is just about anything goes when ur on a bike... don't worry tho i'm pretty sane so yeah phun tymes :)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I keep reading in this forum that dirt riding won't really help you at all. My friend taught me a little on his 250 Aprilla, and it was basically the same... the only thing is trying to resist the natural urge to put your foot down, that you learn in dirt, during turns... yeah it was a lil funny when i tried that, he screamed like mad when he saw me do that, scared the shit outa me lol! after he explained why you CAN'T do that on a street (the whole ripping off of the leg/loosing control didn't sound too appealing) i started to understand why he flipped.

·
Lingerie Bandit
5,623 Posts
That is 100% bullshit, dirt riding WILL help you, I rode dirt for years and it definately has helped me, I feel that it helps you control slides and lockups and such.

·
Banned
2,164 Posts
O hai! :beer

·
Registered
235 Posts
Nobody's saying you can't handle the power....it's the old people, unleashed dogs running across the road, deer, slippery painted roads, loose gravel around the bend...that will get ya. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts