Sport Bikes banner

Winner will be

1 - 20 of 345 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, before I start, I'd like to take a second to say a HUGE thank you to Max Deutch. There's a small conglomerate of us here at SBN that follow motorcycle racing religiously, and Max has become the absolute man when it comes to keeping us updated with seasonal news. I cannot say thank you enough, Max, for how much you contribute to this forum. You rock dude :headbang

Now, on to the racing!!!!!

Now, as usual, the MotoGP season will start in the desert of Qatar. It's the only race of the year that's run at night. The race has basically been owned by Casey Stoner for the last few years, but Lorenzo threw a little monkey wrench in the works last year when he took the win. He was smooth as buttah during that race and he only got better as the year went on. And with Stoner retired, this race could belong to ANYONE!

And factor in that this year has new flavor. Rossi is back, and clearly fast. Marquez is new, and is scary fast for a rookie. Pedrosa seems stronger than ever and is ready to finally be a premier class GP champ. So, I am f'n pumped about the start of this year.

Anyone else stoked???

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
It would be real cool to see Rossi win his first race back, but I think Marquez will come out swinging and take the win.

I can't wait to see first practice! Been a long winter.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Thanks to the people keeping this thread and the 2013 motogp thread current. It's one of the few threads that i go to everyday.

along with the FUNNAH NSFW thread :)

·
Registered
951 Posts
Best thing about Qatar...practices actually happen during normal daytime hours. We'll see how my productivity here at work is affected by listening to FP1 this afternoon.

:)

·
Gonna go far on my GSX-R!
2,238 Posts
Can we stream races on Front Row Sports or anything like that? It works for football games.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Pedrosa wins this one, he will have early season momentum but lose it towards the end

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I just bought the videopass, and I'm already glad I did. So awesome!

FP1 updates:

15 minutes in.... Rossi is quickest, but that's a 1:57. Track record is down around 1:53. Anywhere off the racing line is SUPER dusty, as there's wind blowing sand around the track.

Pedrosa looks nervous or something... He's run off track twice already. The first was the first lap, and he stayed on the turf/pavement. This one was way off into the gravel. He stayed up though.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I just bought the videopass, and I'm already glad I did. So awesome!

FP1 updates:

15 minutes in.... Rossi is quickest, but that's a 1:57. Track record is down around 1:53. Anywhere off the racing line is SUPER dusty, as there's wind blowing sand around the track.

Pedrosa looks nervous or something... He's run off track twice already. The first was the first lap, and he stayed on the turf/pavement. This one was way off into the gravel. He stayed up though.
Thanks for the update!

1 - 20 of 345 Posts