Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I decided to go exploring on my bike around 5am this morning, before traffic started getting bad. Kept the pace pretty slow cause it was wet out, and I had come across 2 deer within the first 20 minutes of riding.. not a good place to go really fast.

I had a couple hours of fun riding, got lost, and on my way back decided to take a "shortcut" to get out of the rushhour traffic.. I remembered the road name, and remember seeing that the road ended right where I wanted to be, it pretty much made a 45min. slag in traffic a short 10 minute ride..

Well as soon as I turned off the road, I realized which road it was.. the ONLY unpaved road anywhere around where I lived. I've gotten stuck in the mud on this road in my friend's 4x4 truck.. it's a very steep, winding, wet road, with 2 foot deep potholes in it.. and I was going down hill! No way to turn around and go back.. just had to go off roading with the SVS.

Well I made it, and by the end of it, I was going pretty fast :twofinger Twas way too much fun.

I got the weirdest look from some guy in a truck going the other way too.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Some of the sv guys I ride with love dirt and gravel roads for some reason I don't understand. But then, I never did much dirt bike riding and am not very good at sliding. :eek:

I've been in that situation before as well. Only thing to do is to grip the bike hard with legs and feet, stay loose above the waist, and make the best of it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I take my beast of a bike out on dirt and gravel roads all the time cause I think it is fun, well it is untill you loose it like I did last night.

·
Registered
380 Posts
snigg said:
you go out riding at 5am???
I know, right? That's like the middle of the night.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
snigg said:
you go out riding at 5am???
Heh yeah.. I've had a really bad cold for a while, and got in the habbit of going to bed at like 9:30pm, so I wake up rediculously early..

I woke up at 4:30am, went out for a cigg, noticed how quiet it was, and thought to myself "Holy shit! everyone else is still asleep.. no traffic.. time to ride"

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I'm not even awake at 5 am.

·
Sub-Zero
922 Posts
wake and bake.. and ride! ;)

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
I really like to ride at night, less morons and lunatics out there, except for fridays and saturdays, those are drunken morons and lunatics nights...

(Some of my scariest rides have been on saturday night!)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have no choice but to take mine on gravel roads to get to work. Doesn't worry me at all even when the two labs come chase me all the time without fail. I've stopped a couple of times for them and got off the bike to pet them.

Less then an hour and it will be 5am for me and I'm still awake......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts