Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
The company must have a horrible relationship with the moto industry. Most companies discount them to companies like motorcyclegear.com.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The company must have a horrible relationship with the moto industry. Most companies discount them to companies like motorcyclegear.com.
Gerbing is a name brand in heated stuff. Revzilla sells Gerbing stuff. Whoever this eBay dealer is bought out an existing master dealer of Gerbing heated gear and are now selling them somewhat cheaply since that model is discontinued. I don't understand how that makes them of lesser quality and makes it safe to assume they have shitty relationship with the motorcycle crowd.

The real question is heated gloves or heated liners

·
Super Moderator
9,239 Posts
Gerbling is definitely a solid company. Lots of moto related items out there.

I would prefer the heated glove. I usually don't like my regular gloves to have much extra room in them, so to try and squeeze a liner inside them would be a little bit difficult...at least for me. I would imagine if you had just a little bit larger outer glove, then the liner might feel as if it were sliding around inside the outer glove. The single unit heated glove just seems like the best option.

Those Gerblings look like good gloves. Seem fairly thick without being bulky. At 30 degrees, it's usually not the temp that actually will bother you, it's the wind. A good thick, layer on the back of the hand and fingers are what will help you the most. The Gerblings appear to be good in this department.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: Bought First Gear 90w heated jacket liner, 1 way controller, and first gear heated gloves. Got all of it for $375. I think I did ok. Went for a test ride and the gloves are fantastic. The jacket liner was ok. It was warm when stopped but cool once I was moving. I think if I stick the liner under my leather jacket instead of my textile jacket it will work MUCH better. The textile jacket I have is very breathable. The leather jacket... Not so much. For pants I wore running tights under my leather alpinestars and alpinestars boots. Legs didn't get too cold.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
Update: Bought First Gear 90w heated jacket liner, 1 way controller, and first gear heated gloves. Got all of it for $375. I think I did ok. Went for a test ride and the gloves are fantastic. The jacket liner was ok. It was warm when stopped but cool once I was moving. I think if I stick the liner under my leather jacket instead of my textile jacket it will work MUCH better. The textile jacket I have is very breathable. The leather jacket... Not so much. For pants I wore running tights under my leather alpinestars and alpinestars boots. Legs didn't get too cold.
You want the heated jacket liner to be pretty snug. That's the best way for it to work. Also, not sure what you are wearing underneath but I'm usually just in a short sleeve button down shirt.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
You want the heated jacket liner to be pretty snug. That's the best way for it to work. Also, not sure what you are wearing underneath but I'm usually just in a short sleeve button down shirt.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I had a long sleeve shirt on. And that makes sense. I'll try it under the normal liner of my textile jacket. Then itll be snug and double insulated.

I bought all the stuff from here Sport Tour Ltd - Adventure Touring and Sport Touring Accessories They're local so I went in their shop to get it. I highly recommend them. Prices seem to be pretty low and it's a small business. And no, they gave me absolutely nothing to promote me saying this

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
If that Gerbing brand were decent (let alone preferable), Ebay wouldn't be your best source for it.
If you don't have a clue about a topic, in this case heated gear, it's not completely necessary to type out a half-assed response.

Gerbings is most definitely a big name in heated motorcycle gear, arguably the biggest name. In fact, most other companies' offerings are compared to Gerbings as a standard of quality heated gear.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Oh yeah, and here's a pic from Tuesday. My Gerbings gloves kept me warm enough that I didn't need to use my heated grips. I was out for about a half an hour, hitting speeds of 70-80 at one point on the highway. My hands were always nice and toasty. It was my unheated legs (in proper Goretex gear) that got really cold.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
It wasn't necessary but there you have it. No one else had chimed in until this thread got bumped a few times. Funny how things work like that sometimes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts